All Posts by User
Displaying user's 70 posts
08:59 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.

09:06 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Fireworks and transit were doing a show together?
Misser, Fireworks, TWY, and Hostage Calm -- I think.
09:11 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I mean... Was this meant as hate? I didn't read too much into the story but I call people ******s all the with no homophobic intention what so ever. If this was meant as gay hate, well then yeah, fuck that venue.
Ummmmmmmmmmm.
09:24 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Haha woaaaaaaah everyone. I say it to my friends. Never meant with a gay context or whatever. If you don't agree with that, fair enough. I'm very pro gay rights. I'm just too lazy to click the links to figure out if he called an actual homosexual that word out of hate. Didn't mean to piss people off.
Cause if I start explaining it myself I'll most likely get frustrated with you. I'll just quote from the infamous Louis CK scene.

Rick: Well, the word “******” really means a bundle of sticks used for kindling in a fire. Now, in the middle ages, when they used to burn people they thought were witches? They used to burn homosexuals, too. And, they used to burn the witches at a stake, but they thought the homosexuals were too low and disgusting to be given a stake to be burnt on, so they used to just throw them in with the kindling, with the other ******s. So that’s how you get “flaming ******.” You might wanna know that every gay man in America has probably had that word shouted at them while they’re being beaten up, sometimes many times, sometimes by a lot of people all at once. So, when you say it, it kind of brings that all back up. But, you know, by all means, use it. Get your laughs. But, you know, now you know what it means.

Even when said to "friends" as an insult, you're propagating the usage of a term that is extremely loaded to a large group of people. tl;dr: Pick a different word.
09:26 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
This place is just very sensitive, so watch what you say!
Can one really be "very sensitive" to that kind of hate speech ... isn't that just being a decent human being?
09:39 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Who cares?

I'm so sick of seeing this crap on Facebook. I'm glad to see tolerance works both ways.
Tolerance doesn't work both ways. No one needs to be tolerant of hate speech, racism, discrimination, etc., of course you would be sick of this ... of course.
09:41 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
That Louis CK bit where they describe the etymology of the word "******" as a slang term is completely incorrect. Using that as any sort of reference is misleading.
Missing the point entirely, but I'd be interested to see where your source on the correct etymological break down comes from ...

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=******

"Especially used for burning heretics (emblematic of this from 1550s), so that phrase fire and ****** was used to indicate "punishment of a heretic." Heretics who recanted were required to wear an embroidered figure of a ****** on their sleeve, as an emblem and reminder of what they deserved."

... Comes close in sentiment if not the letter. The point was the feeling and associations with the word, not the exact historical definition. But the feeling it conjures to those around.
10:13 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Doesn't this go back to the Odd Future thing though. I think you hate them but multiple staff and a ton of members seem to worship them and give excuses why it's ok for Tyler to say ****** when they're posted on this site. Seems like that's what that guy before was saying. I'm not saying this is ok I just don't understand why people seem to think its ok when someone they like says it but not ok for others.
I personally refuse to post about him for that very reason.
10:15 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't care either way and by no means am trying to discredit the point you're making, but I'm almost certain CK has also made another joke about the term f***** in which he states "I wasn't calling him a f***** because he was gay, I was calling him a f***** because he was being a f*****." And then proceeds to say in some form that if he saw a guy blowing another guy he'd tell him to "quit being a f***** and suck that dick!"

Definitely not a word for word quote but you get the point.
And this part of his show was his response to that.
10:18 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Hmmm I gotta see that entire set again I guess to better understand where he's coming from. The man is a genius though. A genius through common sense and someone who's opinions I respect.
http://www.afterelton.com/TV/2010/06/louis-ck-extraordinary-ten-minute
10:22 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I really can't tell if kidinthebushes is a troll or just that ignorant.
Same dude has tossed out racist and homophobic remarks before ...ok FB with his real name (and tagging me in them), I think he's a little off his rocker.
10:25 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Wait, so he friended you on facebook so that he could tag you in racist and homophobic posts? What in the hell?
I don't get some people.
10:31 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I posted a thread "is odd future still banned on AP?" since after you banned them they were still advertised on the site. I get that buzznet owns it but you can check out the responses in there from staff and members, sorry don't know how to link the thread from my phone
I've never seen him advertised on the site, nor do I run any of the ads anyway.

I'll look for said thread tomorrow. No one is "banned" from being posted about - I allow all staff to make their own decisions. My personal decision is to not post about artists I know to use homophobic language.
10:36 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Gay rights have clearly become a tough topic but one that is no longer ignored by anyone, those who support it and those that don't. Especially with what's going on in social news and networks, EVERYONE is talking about it. So I think even those who, like myself and most of the people in this thread know that by no means are hateful people and words okay or acceptable. But, we cannot be like the very people we despise.

There are FAR too many people in this country and around the world that were born and raised to believe things are meant to be a certain way. When your parents from day one put a book in front of you and tell you this is how life is and how it was meant to be, you accept it and believe it. Tolerance on both sides needs to be had before we can really think everyone will ever be on the same page.
Someone being raised to be racist or homophobic means they should be educated on the topic ... the "tolerance" of intolerance can manifest in many ways. One of them is making it clear that it is not ok or accepted to propogate hatred and discrimination.

Appeasement has, thoroughout history, been shown ineffective.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos