Username
Password
Twitter News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 694.
09:17 PM on 03/27/13
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Haha woaaaaaaah everyone. I say it to my friends. Never meant with a gay context or whatever. If you don't agree with that, fair enough. I'm very pro gay rights. I'm just too lazy to click the links to figure out if he called an actual homosexual that word out of hate. Didn't mean to piss people off.
09:18 PM on 03/27/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
I mean... Was this meant as hate? I didn't read too much into the story but I call people ******s all the with no homophobic intention what so ever. If this was meant as gay hate, well then yeah, fuck that venue.
Surprised this guy hasn't been completely shredded yet
09:19 PM on 03/27/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.

you're gonna need to be more specific
09:20 PM on 03/27/13
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
you're gonna need to be more specific

09:20 PM on 03/27/13
mdkennedy
User Info.
Tyler Greene of 20x24 productions is the man in question, for those interested in that information.
09:21 PM on 03/27/13
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
Haha woaaaaaaah everyone. I say it to my friends. Never meant with a gay context or whatever. If you don't agree with that, fair enough. I'm very pro gay rights. I'm just too lazy to click the links to figure out if he called an actual homosexual that word out of hate. Didn't mean to piss people off.
you should probably reassess your usage of that word. even using it with friends is perpetuating hate speech.
09:24 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Cause if I start explaining it myself I'll most likely get frustrated with you. I'll just quote from the infamous Louis CK scene.

Rick: Well, the word “******” really means a bundle of sticks used for kindling in a fire. Now, in the middle ages, when they used to burn people they thought were witches? They used to burn homosexuals, too. And, they used to burn the witches at a stake, but they thought the homosexuals were too low and disgusting to be given a stake to be burnt on, so they used to just throw them in with the kindling, with the other ******s. So that’s how you get “flaming ******.” You might wanna know that every gay man in America has probably had that word shouted at them while they’re being beaten up, sometimes many times, sometimes by a lot of people all at once. So, when you say it, it kind of brings that all back up. But, you know, by all means, use it. Get your laughs. But, you know, now you know what it means.

Even when said to "friends" as an insult, you're propagating the usage of a term that is extremely loaded to a large group of people. tl;dr: Pick a different word.
09:25 PM on 03/27/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
I mean... Was this meant as hate? I didn't read too much into the story but I call people ******s all the with no homophobic intention what so ever. If this was meant as gay hate, well then yeah, fuck that venue.
Welp....

09:25 PM on 03/27/13
nicksteinborn
The Wonder Years / Nick
User Info.

Do you justify the use of all derogatory language with 'well, I didn't mean it like that!'?
09:26 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
This place is just very sensitive, so watch what you say!
Can one really be "very sensitive" to that kind of hate speech ... isn't that just being a decent human being?
Jakey94
User Info.
yeah but its still a terrible thing to say, just say something else in its place, like asshole, or bitch, or lint licker
Freshman15Davey
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
you should probably reassess your usage of that word. even using it with friends is perpetuating hate speech.

Have you ever seen the Louis CK skit about the word? I've used it since I was a kid and it has never had a gay context involve with it. I get that I'm older and should have more sense now.I get that it's hurtful to some people but I would NEVER use that word out of hate to a specific type of person. I don't know if that makes sense. I didn't want to get into it with anyone. I immiedietly regret posting. Ha
09:28 PM on 03/27/13
Jakey94
User Info.
We all make mistakes, its just important to learn from it now.
09:29 PM on 03/27/13
BGP
Registered Badass
User Info.
Can one really be "very sensitive" to hate speech ... isn't that just being a decent human being?
I didn't really read what he said at first, just the latest message. But I realized my error.
09:30 PM on 03/27/13
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
I think we're all overlooking the most important part here- Judging by those tweets from Uncle Buck, John Candy must still be alive.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests