Username
Password
Twitter News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 694.
09:31 PM on 03/27/13
jjm1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would think Louis ck is the wrong person to use with his other ****** bit? Anyway, if it was the owner of the venue I could see boycotting it but if it was someone who put on the show I think it's overboard not support the place. If a staff member here called someone a ****** I wouldn't boycott the website I'd wait until they were fired, and if that didn't happen then not support it
09:31 PM on 03/27/13
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
That guy is really 27. Christ, our country's education system has failed us
09:32 PM on 03/27/13
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
That guy is really 27. Christ, our country's education system has failed us
Now THAT would really start a thread.

I read today that a Biology teacher was in trouble for using the word "Vagina" during a sex ed discussion.
09:33 PM on 03/27/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
oh freshman 15.
also, interesting. thought about going to the venue a few times but usually they do nothing but shitty metalcore shows.
09:34 PM on 03/27/13
Jakey94
User Info.
I would think Louis ck is the wrong person to use with his other ****** bit? Anyway, if it was the owner of the venue I could see boycotting it but if it was someone who put on the show I think it's overboard not support the place. If a staff member here called someone a ****** I wouldn't boycott the website I'd wait until they were fired, and if that didn't happen then not support it
hmm. didn't think of it that way.
09:35 PM on 03/27/13
njdevils327
User Info.

I read today that a Biology teacher was in trouble for using the word "Vagina" during a sex ed discussion.
A teacher who works at the High School I used to attend is resigning at year end for talking about his alcoholic past to his students and recommending they watch the movie Flight. Classy administration
09:36 PM on 03/27/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Who cares?

I'm so sick of seeing this crap on Facebook. I'm glad to see tolerance works both ways.
09:37 PM on 03/27/13
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
A teacher who works at the High School I used to attend is resigning at year end for talking about his alcoholic past to his students and recommending they watch the movie Flight. Classy administration
I don't want to say what kind of people bitch about those things or i'll get crucified.
09:37 PM on 03/27/13
tidalwav90
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
That Louis CK bit where they describe the etymology of the word "******" as a slang term is completely incorrect. Using that as any sort of reference is misleading.
09:38 PM on 03/27/13
njdevils327
User Info.
I don't want to say what kind of people bitch about those things or i'll get crucified.
I mean for real he was just trying to be honest with his students and help them become better people. And the adminstration thought it was "inappropriate" of him to share that information, and forced him out.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
User Info.
Saw the first tweet and immediately thought of this:

subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.

I read this too and it's ridiculous. I had sex ed in 4th grade, and I went to a Catholic school.

On the topic of hate speech, definitely alot of it in the scene right now. Shit needs to end.
09:39 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Who cares?

I'm so sick of seeing this crap on Facebook. I'm glad to see tolerance works both ways.
Tolerance doesn't work both ways. No one needs to be tolerant of hate speech, racism, discrimination, etc., of course you would be sick of this ... of course.
09:41 PM on 03/27/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
That Louis CK bit where they describe the etymology of the word "******" as a slang term is completely incorrect. Using that as any sort of reference is misleading.
Missing the point entirely, but I'd be interested to see where your source on the correct etymological break down comes from ...

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=******

"Especially used for burning heretics (emblematic of this from 1550s), so that phrase fire and ****** was used to indicate "punishment of a heretic." Heretics who recanted were required to wear an embroidered figure of a ****** on their sleeve, as an emblem and reminder of what they deserved."

... Comes close in sentiment if not the letter. The point was the feeling and associations with the word, not the exact historical definition. But the feeling it conjures to those around.
09:43 PM on 03/27/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Tolerance doesn't work both ways. No one needs to be tolerant of hate speech, racism, discrimination, etc., of course you would be sick of this ... of course.

With that mindset, you're no better than people on the other side of the spectrum.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests