Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 71.
03:31 PM on 03/28/13
SevenAM
User Info.
You've got nothing to lose
04:18 PM on 03/28/13
pnkhrdwndr
User Info.
I had relatively low expectations for this album as the fire and life is not a waiting room kind of rehash still searching imo, but this is very surprising. I liked how this is a vast departure from their past work. My favorite has to be The Path. I really like the orchestrated parts in Closure/Rebith
04:33 PM on 03/28/13
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
I'm not familiar with the band's entire discography, as i had only listened to The Fire (eh, some good songs but a bit uninspired and generic overall) and Follow Your Bliss (interesting mix of heavy/atmospheric parts, i love it) before Renacer. But this latter is really good, especially the Deftones-influenced songs "Closure/Rebirth", "The Path" and Glass".
04:36 PM on 03/28/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
I feel like I somewhat outgrew this band, but I'm excited to check this out based on the reactions. Glad to hear there's been some growth in their sound, The Fire underwhelmed me.
Haven't listened to them in forever but first listen this record sounded like Vanna style wise which is not a bad thing at all
04:57 PM on 03/28/13
Str8EdgeMonkey
User Info.
Now I have to see them for their summer tour!! Can't stop listening to their new album..
I want the set to be heavy on the new stuff but still play a lot of their other songs but since they are headlining with about an hour long set I'm sure they won't disappoint. =)
05:38 PM on 03/28/13
Kgod
I disagree!
User Info.
So incredibly excited to listen to this.
05:53 PM on 03/28/13
Chuck!
treat yo self
User Info.
Haven't listened to them in forever but first listen this record sounded like Vanna style wise which is not a bad thing at all

I could get into that.
06:07 PM on 03/28/13
Avalanche1
Keep running, keep shining on
User Info.
dickripper lol

and also, did Jason record bass for this? I read recently that they have a new bass player as Jason is back focusing on HWM.
06:56 PM on 03/28/13
jesse_hitz
Juice
User Info.
awesome review, great album!
07:05 PM on 03/28/13
Deathco_019
She calls it a mayon-egg.
User Info.
Buddy really channels some Chino Moreno on Glass and now that I know the producer has worked with Deftones before I'm not surprised. Damn good album. A real sleeper for sure.
07:28 PM on 03/28/13
Kozzy333
sad canadian cook
User Info.
Giving the first song a spin and I'm diggin it. Anyone else feeling an every time i die vibe? I definetly hear it in the title track
07:34 PM on 03/28/13
JZebrak57
I am not a registered user
User Info.
What in the actual fuck is sludgy metal? I know I'm going to regret asking.

Also, killer album. My favorite since Still Searching, though I couldn't choose between the two. "Ancient Tombs" may be my favorite song of theirs, period.
08:27 PM on 03/28/13
sfpunk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is a great album. Holy mountain is hands down my favorite songs, the screams are awesome.
08:28 PM on 03/28/13
niclliot25
User Info.
God I laughed so hard when I read "dickripper" lol
09:27 PM on 03/28/13
Alexx Miller
Dominic Decoco
User Info.
I think this is their best album yet. It's always fun when a band grows with your tastes. Can't wait to see what they do next! Love this record.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests