AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
New Found Glory News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 80.
11:58 AM on 03/28/13
dearmsterri
User Info.
With people asking if this happens often. Guitarist experience getting shocked a lot from microphones while playing guitar. I've heard numerous guitar players/singer complain when I played with some about this issue. However, never to this magnitude. Glad he's OK.
12:05 PM on 03/28/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
It Isnt reported often but honestly it is. Many people have died due to grounding issues in PA systems... It's kinda fucking scary when you consider how many different live sound set ups musicians endure in different parts of the world where quality is not always the first priority.
With people asking if this happens often. Guitarist experience getting shocked a lot from microphones while playing guitar. I've heard numerous guitar players/singer complain when I played with some about this issue. However, never to this magnitude. Glad he's OK.
Geez.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea it was even possible till now.
12:07 PM on 03/28/13
topsecret
User Info.
I was at this show. Was fucking scary as shit. He grabbed the mic to talk into it, acted like it stung him, then kinda slowly, bewilderedly collapsed onto the ground. He was onstage for a few minutes before the other members could hoist him offstage.

I wonder if this means they're good for the show tonight ?
Did anyone else play? What time did NFG go on? I have tickets for tonight if its still happening.
12:17 PM on 03/28/13
btown4life
User Info.
Did anyone else play? What time did NFG go on? I have tickets for tonight if its still happening.

I was at this show. Was fucking scary as shit. He grabbed the mic to talk into it, acted like it stung him, then kinda slowly, bewilderedly collapsed onto the ground. He was onstage for a few minutes before the other members could hoist him offstage.

I wonder if this means they're good for the show tonight ?

Wonder if the show tonight is still happening, I have tickets to it so it would be nice if they would let us know. Glad Chad is alright

Show is on, according to NFG's facebook:
Chad has been released from the hospital and is all good! So We are still on for tonight to finish the live record @chainreaction!! See u there.
12:19 PM on 03/28/13
Robb
ism
User Info.
12:25 PM on 03/28/13
flask
Registered Member
User Info.
Why am I not surprised this happened at chain reaction?
12:31 PM on 03/28/13
XenoAbe
Cowboy monkey riding border collies
User Info.
It's all downhill from here.
12:35 PM on 03/28/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Why am I not surprised this happened at chain reaction?
Is it a hole-in-the-wall of a venue?
12:39 PM on 03/28/13
AaronMarsh
Copeland / Aaron
User Info.
I've been shocked bad enough to knock me down. Nothing hospital-worthy though.

Hopefully he got some SUPER POWERS out of it!
12:51 PM on 03/28/13
SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
12:52 PM on 03/28/13
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
I hope New Found Glory bought a gate.

12:54 PM on 03/28/13
steve-0
i think youre an idiot
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ive been shocked plenty of times while playing guitar/singing. never this bad though. more of an annoyance than anything.
01:07 PM on 03/28/13
mr_raccoon
UᴼᴥᴼU
User Info.
I've been shocked bad enough to knock me down. Nothing hospital-worthy though.

Hopefully he got some SUPER POWERS out of it!
01:10 PM on 03/28/13
TAI182
User Info.
01:14 PM on 03/28/13
jlyata
User Info.
I was there last night, it was definitely scary to see him go down. Really glad he's ok, safety first. Huge props to the rest of the guys for coming out and trying to do it as a 4 piece as well. But my friends and I were a little annoyed because in total they only played about 13 songs, which is rad, but you know they cut the set short. We payed $35 a ticket to see em (which is a lot considering its chain reaction) and feel we got kinda screwed. I understand why they left early, and I don't blame them for it, but I hope they do something for all the fans that took time off of work and came to see them play half a set without a lead guitarist. Maybe another show for $10 or something for the same ppl that went last night to give them the opportunity to see the full set. Idk, maybe I'm just being unsympathetic or an asshole, but I feel like I got robbed.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums