AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
03:43 PM on 03/28/13
WishYouAway
User Info.
Great article, aligns a lot with what this band meant to me... I also think what makes My Chemical Romance interesting as a band is, while 10, 15, 20 years from now, they may be for a good majority of the population just a band that had some songs that were big for their time, but in terms of the people that REALLY got into them, they'll probably never fade in how much they enjoy their music. They had a knack for hitting certain people at their core, and I think that this article is a perfect example of the type of attachment I'll always feel to this band.

On a side note, I figured out an order to Conventional Weapons that I find to be very "complete" in an album sense (the order they released the singles in doesn't seem to really "flow" for my taste), and listened to it front-to-back like I would their other releases today, and I've come to the conclusion that they really ended their releases on some of their most complete and "mature" (hate to throw that term out there, but I can't find another description) work out there. It's a shame it didn't get a proper release like the rest of their albums, because I think it has arguably their best songs on it and I wish more people were aware of it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos