AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

03:34 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
evenifitkillsme
Royal Ocean
Male - 24 Years Old
Anyone else order the "limited" 6th pressing of Thursday's "Full Collapse" from Victory last week? I ordered it before it sold out, quickly after it was put up for sale. I had heard people were receiving emails saying that they had over-sold and their orders were cancelled. I was so stoked on getting a record from one of my old favorites that I also ordered Silverstein's Discovering the Waterfront. Today, I get my package. It contains ONLY Silverstein, with a small note at the bottom of my receipt saying that Thursday's album is no longer available and was removed from my order.

What the fuck is that? I wait a week for a clear/black smoke variant of Thursday and get a box with half of my order and nothing else? What the fuck? How would you handle this situation? I called and left a message at Victory but it's Friday so I won't hear back until Monday IF AT ALL.

So... what else is there to do? Am I overreacting or is this kind of bullshit that they didn't inform me before I watched the FedEx package tracker for a week straight just to open a box that didn't contain what I ordered.
03:38 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
cheesefrizzle
Post-Costanza
Chinatown
Male
I honestly can't believe that Victory Records would screw somebody over like that.
05:03 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
What do you want them to do? They fucked up, they didn't charge you. The end.
05:31 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
Chemical Love
-
Boston
Male - 29 Years Old
I haven't received my copy of Full Collapse, either. I wonder if my order was cancelled, as well.
05:53 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
evenifitkillsme
Royal Ocean
Male - 24 Years Old

Maybe fulfill the order they sent me a receipt for? Or at least inform me that my order was being cut like they did for others? I have a receipt in my email confirming that my order was Thursday and Silverstein, and another confirming that an order with the same exact order # was shipped.

That's deliberately misleading. I would have cancelled my order in a heartbeat if they had told me. What I want is a replacement copy of Thursday, or a full refund for the Silverstein+shipping.
05:59 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
Maybe fulfill the order they sent me a receipt for? Or at least inform me that my order was being cut like they did for others? I have a receipt in my email confirming that my order was Thursday and Silverstein, and another confirming that an order with the same exact order # was shipped.

That's deliberately misleading. I would have cancelled my order in a heartbeat if they had told me. What I want is a replacement copy of Thursday, or a full refund for the Silverstein+shipping.

How do you expect them to give you a replacement copy of something that is not in stock?
06:42 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
evenifitkillsme
Royal Ocean
Male - 24 Years Old
How do you expect them to give you a replacement copy of something that is not in stock?

at the time it was being sold I think it came out in the black w/ smoke, green, and black. they were sending emails to people saying they oversold - would they accept a different color variant. if I was offered this option I would have taken it. Instead, not having received an email, I assumed my order would be delivered in full.
06:51 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
lol of course you have no problem with this
06:56 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
Dayton, OH
Male - 20 Years Old

This guy is right.
06:58 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
he's right if you don'tunderstand customer service
07:00 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
at the time it was being sold I think it came out in the black w/ smoke, green, and black. they were sending emails to people saying they oversold - would they accept a different color variant. if I was offered this option I would have taken it. Instead, not having received an email, I assumed my order would be delivered in full.

I agree that they should have emailed you, but shit happens with inventory sometimes. You weren't charged for the record, so pick up whatever other color you want instead.
07:13 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
heyzombiehitler
has feelings
Phoenix, Arizona
Male - 26 Years Old
This is the first time I've ever heard anything not super positive about victory records. You're claims are preposterous.
07:18 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
evenifitkillsme
Royal Ocean
Male - 24 Years Old
I agree that they should have emailed you, but shit happens with inventory sometimes. You weren't charged for the record, so pick up whatever other color you want instead.

Agreed - that's what I am going to try to do. But, I'm really not looking to pay another 6 dollars to have it delivered. So, we'll see what they have to say on Monday I guess.

Ultimately, wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else and how they planned to approach the situation. I figured when I didn't receive an email I was in the clear - others may have too.

And yes - to all the "omg can't believe this happened with Victory involved" I honestly don't know why I expected better.
But I did and now I'm bitter. In the end no real harm done, but hopefully there's some sort of acceptable outcome short of "oops, deal."
07:37 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
Agreed - that's what I am going to try to do. But, I'm really not looking to pay another 6 dollars to have it delivered. So, we'll see what they have to say on Monday I guess.

Ultimately, wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else and how they planned to approach the situation. I figured when I didn't receive an email I was in the clear - others may have too.

And yes - to all the "omg can't believe this happened with Victory involved" I honestly don't know why I expected better.
But I did and now I'm bitter. In the end no real harm done, but hopefully there's some sort of acceptable outcome short of "oops, deal."

It happened to a bunch of people, even happened to Zack from POZ. Email them about it, tell them you want to buy another copy, and ask if they can do something about the shipping since you originally wanted to buy them together. Hopefully they help you out. If you don't ask for it, you can't expect them to do it.
08:54 PM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
WakingTheMisery
<3
TX/NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
It's a shame you couldn't get the sixth, most rare pressing.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos