Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts.
10:48 PM on 03/31/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Still fail to see what was so bad about Suicide Season. I understand that I have a higher threshhold for "generic" metalcore than most here and yes I did love Count Your Blessings but SS was a great CD that was a good transition between CYB and TIAH.
10:50 PM on 03/31/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
i absolutely loathed this album, especially following the promise of there is a hell

well written review though drew

Exaggerate much? I can see maybe being disappointed or not enjoying it as much but if you enjoyed TIAH then there's no feasible way that this CD could be "loathsome".
11:13 PM on 03/31/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
....sorry? i found it to be a struggle to get through. i dont know what to tell you.

I'm not trying to be some fanboy who can't understand that others may have different opinions, just seems like strong words.
11:59 AM on 04/01/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Yeah I get that but it's a bit harsh no? I'm all for free speech and I don't even find this at all offensive for myself personally but I find it a bit much. It's like the difference between me saying boys like girls suck and boys like girls is fucking shit and fuck you if you like them you fucking moron.

Again, Oli is entitled to say whatever and he's vocally at his best. I just was saying one of my main criticisms with the record.

Well put, I agree. I'm personally Catholic but can keep an open mind with most music but those lyrics seem to be along the lines of insulting someone for their beliefs which isn't good.
12:01 PM on 04/01/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
It's essentially TIAH except it comes off as uninspired and has weird mosh parts that seem like they were put there to pander to the crowd that is still jocking Suicide Silence. Poor execution.

I can respect that. "Poor execution" is a much better way to describe it (I disagree though) than blurting out you "loathe" the album like Jenkins did. "Loathing" something seems more appropriate for shitty pop or something that is universally perceived as poor (ie; Blood On The Dance Floor).
06:11 PM on 04/01/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
There Is a Hell was an ok album with a couple epic songs (It Never Ends, Crucify Me, Fuck) and some other boring ones (Anthem, Visions...); this one lacks a masterpiece like the 3 songs I mentioned, but overall it's enjoyable in every part of it (except for Antivist) and I think it is a step forward for the band. I like it.
I disagree. There Is A Hell is basically a perfect record in my eyes. The only track I would ever skip is Home Sweet Hole, kind of breaks up the flow.
09:00 AM on 04/02/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Ya know, I think a lot of bands on this site put out new records that constantly feel like they dont live up to their first couple ( see: The Used, Fallout boy) but the transition bmth are making seems all too perfect. Each record builds and improves on the last. Cant wait to hear this. Is their a deluxe version?

Yes, with extra tracks!
09:01 AM on 04/02/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
I don't know if people are saying SS is bad, just that they have grown exponentially since...

Maybe not here, but the general opinion at AP has seemed to be that SS is garbage which isn't true IMO. But yeah, they're much better now.
07:55 AM on 04/08/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
This album deserved all the praise it has been getting. So far it doesn't top TIAH.. for me but we'll see. The only thing that really bothers me is the production. Despite enrolling Terry Date (a well known producer) it sounds pretty horrendous. It sounds like the distorted guitars, bass, and drums are rolled into one compressed track and it really destroys the impact. A lot iof the effects and clean guitars/vocals sound great but as seen with Emmanuel and Fall of troy before them, Terry Date just doesn't work well with this style IMO (besides Deftones obviously).
09:35 AM on 04/10/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
I'm glad I saw this, because I was actually going to comment on the production of this album being above TIAH. Granted, I haven't given TIAH a listen in some time, but the production on that album never sat well with me. I thought Sempiternal sounded better, but I may have to go back and listen to Hell now.

It may be a subjective view, but TIAH sounded much more vast to me and you could easily pick apart the guitar sounds and such. I love Sempiternal (after a few listens) but the metal aspect of the band is very hindered thanks to production.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests