Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 8 posts
09:44 PM on 03/31/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Love this album. It's still early, but my AOTY at this point is between "Sempiternal" and Senses Fail's "Renacer"
07:40 AM on 04/01/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Up until the last album I hated this band, I didn't listen to the last album but there was a song or 2 I heard where I thought "this is alright".

This album is possibly my favourite so far this year. A band going in a very good and interesting direction which a lot of bands don't seem to be doing right now.
Check out the last one if you liked this that much. It's not as far-removed from their beginnings as this, but it's got several great tracks.
07:46 AM on 04/01/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Someone once mentioned about how there's that Underoath sound in the album (besides the LP/Chester ones haha) and yeah I agree, starting to hear them here and there.
Definitely an UO influence throughout
10:15 AM on 04/01/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
'Sleepwalking' is the biggest sounding song they've ever written. Well written review Drew but I think there's been flashes of this coming since Suicide Season. The last part of Chelsea Smile, the explored sound on the title track and The Sadness Will Never End. I think it has all been a progression and they've finally hit the point where Oli is confident enough to sing himself and they're all the better for it. Although I don't like 'Antivist', I do agree that it injects some pace back in to the album and though it's a misstep, it might be a needed one. Their next will be interesting at least.

It's just a shame that people will still have the attached association of the band not being respected and a bit of a joke and won't give this a chance. Or that their younger fanbase won't appreciate this album for the improved songwriting, musicianship and huge stride in progression.

I've already noticed the 'scene kids' calling them sell-outs hahaha.

That term is so mis-used
10:16 AM on 04/01/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Is it just me, or does anyone else think Oli sounds kind of like the guy in Linkin Park during Empires (Let Them Sing) when he screams "You live like a house in a hurricane?"

I feel like I hear a lot of Nu-Metal influence, used in a way that I definitely enjoy.

I don't listen to metalcore all that much anymore, but this is worthy of the praise, and is currently my favorite album to go into the gym and crush weights with.

The nu-metal/alternative metal influence is definitely there. Hell, they even got Terry Date to produce.
10:01 AM on 04/02/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
SS wasn't bad, but fell into generic genre cliches too often. I still jam several songs from it.

CYB wasn't the piece of shit some people call it, but was still nowhere near 'good'.

The last two, though, are some of my favorites in the genre.
04:59 PM on 04/05/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
07:57 PM on 04/08/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Idea for a re-release cover.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates