Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
01:03 AM on 04/01/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I really like the album and it contains alot of the bands best yet BUT whats the deal with Oli being so hateful (lyrically speaking) of faith/religion? I am personally agnostic so I dont mind lyrics challenging religion but lines like;

"Fuck your faith, no ones gonna save you
Fuck your faith"

"Show me a sign, show me a reason to give
A solitary fuck about your god damn beliefs
I'm going blind, but one thing's clear
Death is the only salvation you'll feel"

"What you call faith, I call a sorry excuse"

"So when you die, the only kingdom you'll see—
Is two-foot wide and six feet deep!"

are just too much at times IMO. Its like the main theme lyrically on at least half of the record unfortunately. Just wish it was more varied more than anything.
03:18 AM on 04/01/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
He's expressing his beliefs, which he's perfectly entitled to do, seeing as it's his record and all.

Yeah I get that but it's a bit harsh no? I'm all for free speech and I don't even find this at all offensive for myself personally but I find it a bit much. It's like the difference between me saying boys like girls suck and boys like girls is fucking shit and fuck you if you like them you fucking moron.

Again, Oli is entitled to say whatever and he's vocally at his best. I just was saying one of my main criticisms with the record.
03:18 PM on 04/01/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Well put, I agree. I'm personally Catholic but can keep an open mind with most music but those lyrics seem to be along the lines of insulting someone for their beliefs which isn't good.

Agreed on all accounts. The ironic thing is for all his spewing against organized religion, he really seems to be longing for more than the nothing this album makes you feel he's left with.

Yeah, it just sounds almost like an assault. Granted its a metal record, it still rubs me weird sometimes. Still love the record though!
03:23 PM on 04/01/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
There Is a Hell was an ok album with a couple epic songs (It Never Ends, Crucify Me, Fuck) and some other boring ones (Anthem, Visions...); this one lacks a masterpiece like the 3 songs I mentioned, but overall it's enjoyable in every part of it (except for Antivist) and I think it is a step forward for the band. I like it.

Whaaaa Anthem and Visions is awesome dude!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos