Username
Password

Comments: Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 120 of 148
08:56 AM on 04/02/13
theredline
Brian Gallows
User Info.
Still fail to see what was so bad about Suicide Season. I understand that I have a higher threshhold for "generic" metalcore than most here and yes I did love Count Your Blessings but SS was a great CD that was a good transition between CYB and TIAH.
I don't know if people are saying SS is bad, just that they have grown exponentially since...
09:00 AM on 04/02/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Ya know, I think a lot of bands on this site put out new records that constantly feel like they dont live up to their first couple ( see: The Used, Fallout boy) but the transition bmth are making seems all too perfect. Each record builds and improves on the last. Cant wait to hear this. Is their a deluxe version?

Yes, with extra tracks!
09:01 AM on 04/02/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I don't know if people are saying SS is bad, just that they have grown exponentially since...

Maybe not here, but the general opinion at AP has seemed to be that SS is garbage which isn't true IMO. But yeah, they're much better now.
10:01 AM on 04/02/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
SS wasn't bad, but fell into generic genre cliches too often. I still jam several songs from it.

CYB wasn't the piece of shit some people call it, but was still nowhere near 'good'.

The last two, though, are some of my favorites in the genre.
12:30 PM on 04/02/13
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
Is it just me, or does anyone else think Oli sounds kind of like the guy in Linkin Park during Empires (Let Them Sing) when he screams "You live like a house in a hurricane?"

I feel like I hear a lot of Nu-Metal influence, used in a way that I definitely enjoy.

I don't listen to metalcore all that much anymore, but this is worthy of the praise, and is currently my favorite album to go into the gym and crush weights with.
Yeah, I think Oli's aware of it too. In 'Join the Club' (I think?) the bridge has him growling "given up" repeatedly. It's a bit too obvious of a nod to me for him to not be aware of the comparison.

And yeah, I agree. This album sounds like what Nu-Metal was supposed to sound like, IMO.
12:38 PM on 04/02/13
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
Agreed on all accounts. The ironic thing is for all his spewing against organized religion, he really seems to be longing for more than the nothing this album makes you feel he's left with.
I think that's the point, really. And as another commenter described a while ago, it sounds like he's more pissed at a specific person who is abusing the idea of religion for their own gain rather than religion as a whole. But on the basis of it hating religion as a whole, I think that the underlying point is that he wants the kind of salvation that religion tends to promise, but he feels that it's a false promise. I think he wants desperately to believe in something, but all he's finding are lies and false promises, and he's pissed. It's not so much hatred as disillusionment.

Just my over-analytical opinion, though.
01:34 PM on 04/02/13
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
Ladies and gentlemen, this how every comment should look if you didn't enjoy the album.
Why not: It's not bad but I didn't find it appealing. I could see why others do though.
03:05 PM on 04/02/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
can't believe how great his voice sounds. its tightened up so well.
03:19 PM on 04/02/13
emiwwwy
whoah
User Info.
I really like this album, Oli's clean vocals sound spot on. I didn't know how I would feel since I didn't enjoy their latest album There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret. BUT so far I've really enjoyed Sempiternal and I'm excited to see them play some songs of the album at warped.
03:51 PM on 04/02/13
Bdawg
User Info.
I'm so happy with the direction of There Is a Hell and now Sempiternal. Great progression and execution of quality sound and sonic textures
03:52 PM on 04/02/13
Bdawg
User Info.
Oli's vocals are phenomenal as well
04:36 PM on 04/02/13
ThereWeWere
User Info.
Interestingly enough, i bought the deluxe edition off itunes, and they have chasing rainbows and join the club mixed up haha
04:36 PM on 04/02/13
RyanGarner
Registered Member
User Info.
I had never given these guys a chance but I'm pleasantly surprised by this record. Oli sounds a lot like Spencer Chamberlain on some tracks.
07:07 PM on 04/02/13
Napzz
User Info.
I'm sorry I don't like this album?
Because you don't have ears
07:09 PM on 04/02/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
Because you don't have ears
no, i have ears. talk about being negative, lol.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos