Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 37 posts.
09:39 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Shit, you tore this apart. Reminds me a lot of your Set Your Goals review.
10:09 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
and i think a 40% is way too low. did you hate it that much; no redeeming qualities at all?
4/10 is just below average. No redeeming qualities would be like a 20%.

Also, I like the title track
10:15 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
i wouldn't agree with the person above, who said it's just below average. a 4 is really low for me to give. but like...it's not a 3 you know? or a 2 or a 1? haha. there's some redeeming qualities in there obviously...mainly the two first released songs and parts of other tracks. there are extremely short segments that i really like, then something goes wrong...it makes for a frustrating listen
Isn't a 5 considered average though?
10:18 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
i'd say a 7 is more average. maybe that's just me - kinda like school grading? i dunno. i don't pay too much mind to the score, i think what i wrote about the record does a pretty good job of getting my thoughts across
Yeah, review does the talking. Just wondering because the scoring method seems to vary among staffers
10:46 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I want the scale to be: recommend, neutral, don't recommend.

But I always get out voted on that idea.
I think the problem with that is it's a little too ambiguous - you can't just universally recommend (or not recommend) a record to everyone, it depends on the individual user.
10:53 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I do all the time, just gotta decide individually if you agree or not (and read the text to see why).

It's a stamp of approval. An I think "this is good" or bad from a reviewer.
Makes a lot of sense when I think about it that way. That is, if people aren't too lazy to actually read the review haha
10:53 AM on 04/01/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I just had some really bad food, oh but I can't say that because I'm not a chef...
11:32 AM on 04/01/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I don't doubt this album is bad but i mean is it really 55% worse than the Cab's last album? I understand that different reviewers have different scales and taste but I mean this site is just so inconsistent with its reviewing scores its hard to really have a perspective of what albums are actually good.
You have to understand the different reviewers' individual tastes. Look at the scores in that context. And The Cab's album is better, I'm guessing most people wouldn't say it's 55% better, but then again most people wouldn't have given it a 95%.
11:34 AM on 04/01/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I have never seen him review something positive but I'm also new to this site so I'm unsure of the past. Grammar wasn't great but who really cares?
Neighborhoods, Southern Air, Listen & Forgive, Radiosurgery, Suburbia, Upsides, Dancing with a Ghost... he rated all of those positively.
11:40 AM on 04/01/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Just responded to your statement when I saw it before reading through the rest of the thread haha
11:41 AM on 04/01/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
i call fives, with the punches, motion city soundtrack, temper trap, hands like houses

all negative reviews

i'll be honest, i like to review things i like to listen to, similar to most staffers...that's why we have higher scores on average than most sites
I thought you said you liked the mcs record..
12:02 PM on 04/01/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Never understood why you are rude to people who use your site, is it an ego thing?
Maybe because you said FOB are analogous to a boy band, I mean just saying
12:11 PM on 04/01/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
Not at all, in what way are they?
12:19 PM on 04/01/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
This argument gets a 3/10.
That's a little harsh.. hmmm maybe if you read it over several more times it'll grow on you
01:05 PM on 04/01/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I agree with what Craig said in the other thread, songs sound decent to me but the vocals are terrible
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums