Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 1031.
10:05 PM on 03/31/13
mikeyg003
@mikegiannotti95
User Info.
and i think a 40% is way too low. did you hate it that much; no redeeming qualities at all?
10:06 PM on 03/31/13
Shaymojack
User Info.
The worst thing about this review is that I agree with pretty much all of it. Some of these songs (mostly the title track) really made me wonder if the band gave a fuck at all while writing. What really worries me is how consistent the mediocrity is throughout the album. There's not one song really worth listening to for me. This feels like the slip-up that should have been an awkward transition between Keep This To Yourself and Listen And Forgive if it had to be in their discography.
I'm already anxiously waiting for their next record and hoping that this is just the awkward transition between Listen and Forgive and something else.
GIVEupyourGHSTx
User Info.
I love Transit, but the album is a major let down.... This review is SPOT on... the album is pretty bad and at most times boring. There are times where the "Listen & Forgive" Transit comes out, but you gotta get through a lot of bad to get there just like the review says... cant believe how lame and boring the album is... and the analogy of 'if this was a new band, id totally forget about this band.' it couldnt be more true.... definitely looking forward to the misser ep though : )...
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
this is a contender for most accurate review of all time. album's not that good. i think the production is a really big part of that, but the songwriting's also not quite at the level it could be. "nothing lasts forever" is decent, but it's almost all downhill from there.
war_allthetime
Editor at idobi Radio
User Info.
Pains me to agree with this review, save for the rating
10:07 PM on 03/31/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
and i think a 40% is way too low. did you hate it that much; no redeeming qualities at all?
it's got 40% redeeming qualities.
10:09 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
I just want to sell out my funeral.
User Info.
4/10 is just below average. No redeeming qualities would be like a 20%.

Also, I like the title track
10:10 PM on 03/31/13
GIVEupyourGHSTx
User Info.
I'm listening to it now... still ... hoping it would be a grower, but it's just not happening. Already looking forward to their next album...
10:11 PM on 03/31/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
Maybe one day people won't put so much weight on the score. The number means nothing, the review is what's important.
10:11 PM on 03/31/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
i wouldn't agree with the person above, who said it's just below average. a 4 is really low for me to give. but like...it's not a 3 you know? or a 2 or a 1? haha. there's some redeeming qualities in there obviously...mainly the two first released songs and parts of other tracks. there are extremely short segments that i really like, then something goes wrong...it makes for a frustrating listen
10:15 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
User Info.
i wouldn't agree with the person above, who said it's just below average. a 4 is really low for me to give. but like...it's not a 3 you know? or a 2 or a 1? haha. there's some redeeming qualities in there obviously...mainly the two first released songs and parts of other tracks. there are extremely short segments that i really like, then something goes wrong...it makes for a frustrating listen
Isn't a 5 considered average though?
10:15 PM on 03/31/13
mikeyg003
@mikegiannotti95
User Info.

I guess I'm a part of the extreme minority that actually likes this album haha. As much as I was hoping for a L&F Part 2, I'm happy enough with this. At least Misser and Long Lost should be great.
10:16 PM on 03/31/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Isn't a 5 considered average though?
i'd say a 7 is more average. maybe that's just me - kinda like school grading? i dunno. i don't pay too much mind to the score, i think what i wrote about the record does a pretty good job of getting my thoughts across
10:16 PM on 03/31/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Well written review

I would have agreed with this upon my first listen but the album has started to grow on me a lot. It's still disappointing and it's still easily my least favorite Transit release but it's not horrendous. Weirdly the title track is starting to grow on me but I can't help but skip Hang It Up and Hazy those are just bad.

I'll always love this band and KTTY will forever be one of my all time favorite records
10:18 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
User Info.
i'd say a 7 is more average. maybe that's just me - kinda like school grading? i dunno. i don't pay too much mind to the score, i think what i wrote about the record does a pretty good job of getting my thoughts across
Yeah, review does the talking. Just wondering because the scoring method seems to vary among staffers
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests