Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 1061
10:31 PM on 03/31/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
scores of 7-8 are about average because most people don't want to write about things they don't like, and most people won't give something they like less than a 7.
10:33 PM on 03/31/13
anamericangod
User Info.
Probably the most I've ever agreed with a Nassiff review. This album is just not good.
10:36 PM on 03/31/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Such a weird record. Didn't Drew say he liked it? Would be interested to see his thoughts
To be honest, I'm not a huge Transit fan so I don't have a lot of burning passion for them either way. I liked Listen and Forgive and I like this to an extent too, although L+F is better. I don't think this is as bad as some people are making it out to be, and I don't even think those people think it's that bad - rather they are just disappointed that this is the follow up. I would have been hard pressed to give this higher than a 6.5.
10:40 PM on 03/31/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
scores of 7-8 are about average because most people don't want to write about things they don't like, and most people won't give something they like less than a 7.
I've never been a fan of number scores especially ones that show up as percentages (which is why we've made an effort to not use the percentage, since percentage scores tend to make people think of it like a term paper - 90% = A, 80% = B, and so on). I see a score of 5/10 as just average, it's neither great or horrible, it's just there. 7 and 7.5 are great scores but because some users here have been conditioned to seeing the percentage score and think that a 7-7.5 means "C", they think it's a subpar record then. I've always have wanted the scale to either be 1-5 or A-F, it's better that way and doesn't make reviewers have to split hairs with scores and get into debates with users about the complete insignificance of the score given.
10:42 PM on 03/31/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I've never been a fan of number scores especially ones that show up as percentages (which is why we've made an effort to not use the percentage, since percentage scores tend to make people think of it like a term paper - 90% = A, 80% = B, and so on). I see a score of 5/10 as just average, it's neither great or horrible, it's just there. 7 and 7.5 are great scores but because some users here have been conditioned to seeing the percentage score and think that a 7-7.5 means "C", they think it's a subpar record then. I've always have wanted the scale to either be 1-5 or A-F, it's better that way and doesn't make reviewers have to split hairs with scores and get into debates with users about the complete insignificance of the score given.
I want the scale to be: recommend, neutral, don't recommend.

But I always get out voted on that idea.
10:44 PM on 03/31/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
if a 5 is average then this is like a 2
10:46 PM on 03/31/13
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.

i was doing something like that for a super short time following the number scores - but with more than three layers. i kinda like the idea of this though, just because people would actually read the reviews. however i'd have a problem with some albums that i may not enjoy, but still think people should listen to. i dunno, i guess that'd just be neutral.
10:46 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.

I think the problem with that is it's a little too ambiguous - you can't just universally recommend (or not recommend) a record to everyone, it depends on the individual user.
10:48 PM on 03/31/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.

Shit, I really like that
10:50 PM on 03/31/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I think the problem with that is it's a little too ambiguous - you can't just universally recommend (or not recommend) a record to everyone, it depends on the individual user.
I do all the time, just gotta decide individually if you agree or not (and read the text to see why).

It's a stamp of approval. An I think "this is good" or bad from a reviewer.
10:51 PM on 03/31/13
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
people should just listen to the record in question anyway haha. you should never read a review and have that stop you from checking something out if you were interested in it
10:51 PM on 03/31/13
Helen Keller.
Moustache Cash Stash
User Info.
Fuck, I really hope this is an April Fools joke.
10:53 PM on 03/31/13
FTank
Blank
User Info.
I do all the time, just gotta decide individually if you agree or not (and read the text to see why).

It's a stamp of approval. An I think "this is good" or bad from a reviewer.
Makes a lot of sense when I think about it that way. That is, if people aren't too lazy to actually read the review haha
10:56 PM on 03/31/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Damn
10:58 PM on 03/31/13
NoScene NoHerd
User Info.
This review is VERY good.

I can tell the writer reeeaally wanted to like this, but Transit just didn't deliver (with which I completely agree). AP.net is one of the biggest sites that covers/supports Transit, and I commend the staff members for allowing a somewhat negative review of a band that is well-respected among themselves and the users.

My favorite sections of the review are the final paragraphs where we are encouraged to not write off the band. Nobody's perfect. Cheers

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos