Username
Password

Comments: Page 68
Displaying posts 1005 - 1020 of 1062
07:56 PM on 04/13/13
JeffyDomer
Things are the same.
User Info.
I think I'm disliking this new album so much just because all the lyrics are just as cliche as possible.
11:36 AM on 04/16/13
Zach Cool
shitsville.
User Info.
I think I'm disliking this new album so much just because all the lyrics are just as cliche as possible.
See: 'So Long, So Long'

At first I didn't like this album; a week and maybe 20 plays later I love it. I like it better than Listen & Forgive but none of their other releases, which ultimately means I fucking love this band! Can't wait to see them once more in a week.
01:04 AM on 04/17/13
Wergeth
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
See: 'So Long, So Long'

At first I didn't like this album; a week and maybe 20 plays later I love it. I like it better than Listen & Forgive but none of their other releases, which ultimately means I fucking love this band! Can't wait to see them once more in a week.
agreed. spent the last 3weeks with a couple of new albums, including Paramore, FOB, and I keep returning to Young New England everytime. I hear all the faults people have with the album, but it has a certain pop sensibility that somehow makes me listen to it for what it is. I cant get enough of it and I'm completely ok with that.
05:33 AM on 04/17/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
agreed. spent the last 3weeks with a couple of new albums, including Paramore, FOB, and I keep returning to Young New England everytime. I hear all the faults people have with the album, but it has a certain pop sensibility that somehow makes me listen to it for what it is. I cant get enough of it and I'm completely ok with that.
Gonna be on the road a lot this weekend and am gonna listen to nothing but new stuff. YNE included. Especially since they gave me 2 copies of the CD when I ordered the vinyl. Was quite nice and I was able to give one to my special lady.
02:07 AM on 05/02/13
gameboyman5
Rockin!!
User Info.
some tracks sound like juggalo pop punk. honestly astonished
02:19 AM on 05/02/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Gonna be on the road a lot this weekend and am gonna listen to nothing but new stuff. YNE included. Especially since they gave me 2 copies of the CD when I ordered the vinyl. Was quite nice and I was able to give one to my special lady.
And she didn't dump you?
04:23 AM on 05/02/13
brothemighty
Blue moon, where are you today?
User Info.
I guess I just disagree with this review. I liked this album. granted, not as much as L&F, but I like all the songs you said were terrible. The only thing I don't like on the whole record the "you're too drunk" part of Young New England, but I like everything else about that song. Yeah, I just don't think it's that bad
09:33 AM on 05/02/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
And she didn't dump you?

I see troll of subjective fact is showing his ugly head today.
09:56 AM on 05/02/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I see troll of subjective fact is showing his ugly head today.
Nope.
10:00 AM on 05/02/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
10:02 AM on 05/02/13
Jake Jenkins
jakej654.bandcamp.com
User Info.
And she didn't dump you?
08:47 PM on 05/03/13
DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
It was funny. Don't be a dweeb.
11:48 PM on 05/03/13
anamericangod
User Info.
some tracks sound like juggalo pop punk. honestly astonished
Brilliant.
06:03 PM on 05/05/13
Vance Mook
Fastest Kid in School
User Info.
omg shone! why did no one review that? i reviewed it for sanct!!!
I wrote a review for it...no comments. Haha
11:48 PM on 05/22/13
shostakoverture
User Info.
Here's my take on this. Sure, I didn't like it at first (save for Nothing Lasts Forever, as it usually is with singles. I didn't even like Weathered Souls that much) but this was a strange occurance for me, I usually find myself liking an album instantly. I left it on repeat, however, and I discovered something different about it, something that made it beautiful to me in so many ways.

This is an album that requires immersion. You need to keep coming back to it, trying day after day to break a little more ice off of its shell, and you have to get used to it. Once you realize just what's inside of Young New England, once you've spent enough time immersed in even the at-first-listen repulsive tracks such as Hazy and Weathered Souls, things start to click, and then they start to stick. What at first disappointed me beyond belief has since given me such joy. I've found pleasure listening to my old favourites, such as Nothing Lasts Forever and Summer, ME, but I've also come to love the sidestepping, awkward charm of Hazy and the boisterous anthem that is the title track.

If you don't like it at first, don't pass it off. Replay and replay and replay, and eventually things will start to come together.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos