Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts.
05:00 PM on 04/07/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
A few things:

1.) I apologize for the length. There was lots to say.

2.) I am pissed at Forever The Sickest Kids for ruining "Men In Black."

3.) NFG's song is a good closer, but I'm not sure if it's a great cover.

4.) xoxo
07:59 PM on 04/07/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
great review; pretty long though

Yeah, sorry about that.
08:48 AM on 04/08/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
Eh. This review is off.

The "Men in Black" cover is fucking awesome, as is "Hey Ya". "California Love" is a great cover, and so is "I Wish". Making it electronic-sounding isn't a bad thing. The song sounds great.

And saying a six-year old song suffers from "overplayed-itis" is pretty ridiculous to say. It's a cover album of popular rap songs so that's an unfair negative of a six-year old song. "Umbrella" makes sense because there's been 23523 covers of it and it's a year old, but not "The Seed 2.0". By that logic, over half the album gets a negative review because the songs are overplayed.

But I'm really not sure how "Men in Black" was ruined. It's barely even a rap song to begin with, it's pretty much pop, with horrific lyrics. It seems nostalgia is blinding there if that's a song that can be "ruined."

Some people seem to be taking the album far too seriously. It's just supposed to be a group of bands covering hip hop songs for fun and it's fun to listen to. My friends and I have had a lot of fun blasting "Men in Black" and "Kryptonite" in the car.

Boy was this a novel to read on my cell phone.

Lets see here, even if MIB was a fuuny song to begin with, it was still catchy and easy to sing along to. Forever the barf kids ruined the flow of the verses and the silly breakdown made me spit milk all over myself. And the fuuny thing is, I don't even drink milk!

"The seed" is old, yeah, but does that mean I haven't heard it a million times? Do people stop playing songs after 5 years? Is that a new rule?

Also, to whoever said the devils wear prada song is terrible: I completely agree. I couldn't figure out a way to critique the song without wearing my big boy pants and yelling at the band.
09:17 AM on 04/08/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.

novels begat novels

the only songs I like off this whole damn cd is MAH,FSTK,NFG and The Maine.Iam gald someone downlaoded this cd and just sent me the file coz good god its not worth what they are selling it for.

I totally see what you're saying here. Thanks for making it so clear!
09:44 AM on 04/08/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
But it's still unfair to hold that against it, because most of the songs on the album are overplayed.

A good song is a good song, no matter how overplayed it gets, and if you're reviewing a cover album, of popular hip hop songs, that is an unfair critique.

And I'm confused as to how a "silly" breakdown in "Men in Black" disgusted you when the song itself is a silly retarded song.

Obviously it's just your opinion and I'm not saying you're wrong but I couldn't disagree more.

I don't LOVE the album. It's a 75% in my mind, but still. I don't think there are any really HORRIBLE songs. A few mediocre ones.

Half of my brain just died.

Because at the end of the day, I want a song that sounds good and the breakdown doesn't fit such a description. The pre-teen yelps sound so cheesy. I mean, I'm sure these guys were laughing their asses off in the studio, but take it from me, a joke to 3 people doesn't always stay a joke to a group of strangers.

Plus, as you were half-alluding this whole time, it was a strange song choice. The song doesn't really fit in, which doesn't help its case. I might have chosen this song (or "Gettin Jiggy Wit It"), but that doesn't mean it would fare any better than this.
10:29 AM on 04/08/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
So no one liked TDWP's cover? I thought it was cool. anyway I thought this album was the artists having fun with the songs and putting their own spin on a song(even if it is crappy). All of you guys bashing this album will be playing it at a party, and you know you will.

I'll show this comment to my roommates, and when they slap me, I'm going to be pissed at you.
11:02 AM on 04/08/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
armed and dangerous. ain't too many can bang with us. straight up weed no angel dust.

look at all the bullshit i been through
02:03 PM on 04/08/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
BLAKE! This is Hawkeye from the Chronicle Brothers ahahaha, whats up man? Its been a long time since I have been on this site, but David Reed told me I needed to read your new review, or at least the first paragraph. You've still got it in you. Your one funny mo fo. Keep up the good work man...

Fucking LOL. Chronicle Brothers 4eva
11:24 AM on 04/09/08
Blake Solomon
Leave a one-way note.
User Info.
I alreadyk new alot of these songs and really only liked the ones I hadn't heard. SYG, Say Anything, Emanuel, and The Maine, and were great. The Snoop, Dre, 2pac and Outkast covers were too similar to the orignals and The DWP cover was hilarious because they kept their metal sound intact.

Punk Goes Crunk should be the title of the new Family Force 5 cd because that is what describes their sound perfectly. They are straight up Crunk Rock and should have just done this themselves all 15 songs. Then you wouldn't be let down.

FF5 should've definitely been on this comp. Great call.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests