MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
hahaha the say anything cover is hilarious... otherwise everything sucks
12:16 AM on 06/27/11
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
Say Anything is the biggest transgressor to this claim. His enunciation of words is just one of the things amongst others that's blatantly over-the-top.
dude that was the fucking funnies thing ever, please dont tell me your serious?!?! how could you not enjoy that.
12:21 AM on 06/27/11
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
See that's the problem. They covered an already over-the-top song. So when they went over-THAT-top it not only sounded bad, it seemed mocking.

I would also say that FTSK's cover of "MIB" was a joke, but FTSK is already a joke. I don't expect much from them but bullshitting. (Now that isn't to say that I haven't already pre-ordered their CD. Call it a guilty pleasure). But I expect higher standards from Say Anything...

It was Fearless Records' mistake to give FTSK a spot on this compilation.
yea because the original song that say anything was covering was a gem to begin with...
12:25 AM on 06/27/11
MBIIdollaBill
User Info.
It's kind of hard to "respect" songs like "Put Yo Hood Up", "Men in Black", and "Got Ur Money".

I'm sure if NFG were covering Lil' Jon, it would be treated as the silly song it should be treated as.
thank you, this ninjajew just can't seem to grasp that fact. he was taking this shit way to seriously. i mean, its stupid "crunk" music, find something better to defend.
07:31 PM on 11/14/12
hanselromero
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Solid review. I'm just surprised no mention was made of Still Fly, which I thought was a rather cookie-cutter cover with tons of benefit.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos