AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Melee News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Melee Covers Oingo Boingo

Posted by - 12:51 PM on 04/08/08
Melee have posted a cover of Oingo Boingo's "Dead Man's Party" on their myspace.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
01:27 PM on 04/08/08
stealthpeng
ya rly.
User Info.
I like A Thorn for Every Heart's version on Punk Goes 80s better
01:40 PM on 04/08/08
whyte39
www.alexwhyte.com
User Info.
such an underrated band
02:18 PM on 04/08/08
skellorock
User Info.
while i love the act of bands covering Boingo (one of my fav bands), and I even like Melee, it was ehhhhh... mediocore at best.

the best Boingo cover still has to go to Jessica Burgan's version of Not My Slave http://www.myspace.com/jessicaburgan (LISTEN its INCREDIBLE)

and after that I'd probably have to say Jack the Original's cover of Heard Somebody Cry was darn good too
http://www.myspace.com/jacktheoriginal (worth a listen)

sadly while the Dead Band's Party tribute had alot of great bands (PWT's, Finch, The Matches, Hellogoodbye) the covers were either to close to the original or uninspired(well the Finch one was, I was so disapointed, they could have rocked that song)
02:41 PM on 04/08/08
garlicgirl1210
True Punk Fan?
User Info.
such an underrated band
yes.
still boggles my mind why they are not bigger. such a bummer, really.
02:49 PM on 04/08/08
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
Dead Man's Party is one of my favourite songs ever.... so when I read it I thought... whaaaat are you playing at? (although I've heard an album from this band which was alright).

Upon listening to it - my mind was not changed whatsover - and not because of the original bias... a very mediocre cover. It just doesn't have ANYTHING.

I never thought I'd find myself saying it but out of the Boingo covers on the Dead Band's Party CD I thought Hellogoodbye's was by far the best and most fun.
02:52 PM on 04/08/08
skellorock
User Info.
yes.
still boggles my mind why they are not bigger. such a bummer, really.

cause they were way too ahead of their time hahaha, but their influence spreads tho, from what i know fob are pretty big boingo enthusists, but elfman himself as a composer has actually had an influence on modern rock so naturally a new generation has been able to rediscover them
03:59 PM on 04/08/08
odizzle_word
I know my calculus
User Info.
Dead Man's Party is one of my favourite songs ever.... so when I read it I thought... whaaaat are you playing at? (although I've heard an album from this band which was alright).

Upon listening to it - my mind was not changed whatsover - and not because of the original bias... a very mediocre cover. It just doesn't have ANYTHING.

I never thought I'd find myself saying it but out of the Boingo covers on the Dead Band's Party CD I thought Hellogoodbye's was by far the best and most fun.

My favorite song of off Dead Band's Party is the Suburban Legends cover of "On The Outside." So much energy in that song, a lot of fun.
04:31 PM on 04/08/08
skellorock
User Info.
outside of covers or actual boingo songs, House of Fools' Kiss the Haze is the most Oingo Boingo sounding thing I've heard in awhile hahaha(well maybe not vocally) but swear musically it could have fit right on Good For Your Soul
06:30 PM on 04/08/08
Ruggiero2oo8
don't worry, be happy
User Info.
I love Melee.
08:23 PM on 04/08/08
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
This band needs more attention.

And this is a terrific cover.
09:50 AM on 04/09/08
Awesome_Danny
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I like A Thorn for Every Heart's version on Punk Goes 80s better

...kinda took the wind outta my sails, there

ATFEH is a damn good cover
10:12 AM on 04/09/08
3GunGaz
Claret and Blue
User Info.
My favorite song of off Dead Band's Party is the Suburban Legends cover of "On The Outside." So much energy in that song, a lot of fun.

I have to say - I don't remember that...

A couple of months ago I started listening to a lot more ska..ey type stuff and found that band really entertaining so I'm gonna have to take another listen!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos