Username
Password

08:03 AM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
I've been ridiculously stressed out for the past few months. I intern at a record label five days a week work five days a week. I'm broke, I'm full time at school, I need a root canal, have to pay off court costs and probation for a reckless driving charge, trying to save money for a bday present for the gf... and about ten other things. Anyway, it culminated in a panic attack when I was in my office at work last night. Luckily only a few of my coworkers were still there, and I didn't fly off the handle super hard, but it was really scary. I thought I was having a heart attack and called an ambulance, but I eventually told them not to come and my girlfriend drove me over to the hospital. So, I took the day off from my internship and I'm penning this love letter to AP.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any similar experiences or has techniques for dealing with anxiety. My mind is always going in eight different directions, and while I'm totally used to that (if not prefer it), I'm thinking there may be a better way to handle things. Trolls and Haterrrrrzzzzzzzzz obv. welcome.
11:08 AM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
compartmentalization is your friend. root canal is a big "i suck because I should have gotten a filling when I had the chance." But since you now have no choice but to get a root canal then you have no worries. It can't get worse than that so it cant get any worse in that department. So either get it done or put it on the back-burner. Court Costs for Reckless Driving says "I'm a fucking immature idiot." Ye who is without sin cast the first stone. Well I'm without any tickets and i've been driving for over ten years so dodge this boulder i'm going to hurl at you. Bottom line is you did the crime now pay the fine. You can go to court and they will lower it for you. But if you don't care enough to do the effort it takes to get the ticket lowered then you don't deserve to complain. A birthday present can range from 5$-300$. If you can't afford that then you're a deadbeat and she shouldn't have to suffer with the likes of you.

Now to tell you whether I had similar experiences yes.The one year I practiced law they gave me a $400million corporate clients paperwork. I had to get it done by a certain time or their merger would not go through as planned. The delay would ruin their business, the takeover, and be very detrimental to my firm. I was a first year yet I had a team. I got it done about an hour before it was due which is cutting it close. I walked into an office with multimillionaires and had to speak and get them all informed. The information session took 25minutes. By the time I was done the banks were near closing and they had to rush and sign a whole slew of documents. I took a train from my office in New York to Toronto at the end of the day and didn't go back to that office again. That was the 10th worst day of my life. so fuck you.

I wouldn't call myself a deadbeat by any means, just someone with a lot of things to pay for. And I don't think getting a reckless driving charge makes me an immature idiot, but ok.

As far as your story goes, that doesn't really help. Mainly because stuff like that doesn't stress me out. The three months I practiced law they gave me a $900billion corporate clients paperwork. I had to get it done by a certain time or the nuke under Los Angeles would go off as planned (by the terrorists). I was a first year, but was working closely with the A-Team. I got it done about thirty seconds before it was due which is cutting it close. I walked into a coliseum with every single world leader and had to give a speech and get them all informed. The information session took 15 hours. By the time I was done I had solved world hunger and gotten them to bring back Arrested Development (this, obviously, took a slew of document signing). I took a rickshaw from my office in Philadelphia to Sao Paulo, jerked of the whole time, and shot myself when I got there. That was the best day of my life. so fuck you.
12:43 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
Enjoi_This
porch monkey 4 life
Winter Park, FL
Male - 23 Years Old
compartmentalization is your friend. root canal is a big "i suck because I should have gotten a filling when I had the chance." But since you now have no choice but to get a root canal then you have no worries. It can't get worse than that so it cant get any worse in that department. So either get it done or put it on the back-burner. Court Costs for Reckless Driving says "I'm a fucking immature idiot." Ye who is without sin cast the first stone. Well I'm without any tickets and i've been driving for over ten years so dodge this boulder i'm going to hurl at you. Bottom line is you did the crime now pay the fine. You can go to court and they will lower it for you. But if you don't care enough to do the effort it takes to get the ticket lowered then you don't deserve to complain. A birthday present can range from 5$-300$. If you can't afford that then you're a deadbeat and she shouldn't have to suffer with the likes of you.

Now to tell you whether I had similar experiences yes.The one year I practiced law they gave me a $400million corporate clients paperwork. I had to get it done by a certain time or their merger would not go through as planned. The delay would ruin their business, the takeover, and be very detrimental to my firm. I was a first year yet I had a team. I got it done about an hour before it was due which is cutting it close. I walked into an office with multimillionaires and had to speak and get them all informed. The information session took 25minutes. By the time I was done the banks were near closing and they had to rush and sign a whole slew of documents. I took a train from my office in New York to Toronto at the end of the day and didn't go back to that office again. That was the 10th worst day of my life. so fuck you.

you have it all figured out dont you? i bet your life is just wonderful. kick rocks nerd
01:16 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
Things got weird quick in here... anxiety sucks though. Wish I had advice.
02:47 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
you have it all figured out dont you? i bet your life is just wonderful. kick rocks nerd
You should read my earlier post. My life is complete shit.
02:53 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
I wouldn't call myself a deadbeat by any means, just someone with a lot of things to pay for. And I don't think getting a reckless driving charge makes me an immature idiot, but ok.
I think I gave some pretty solid advice compartmentalizing.

Reckless driving does make you immature in my opinion. It's unsafe for you and the people around you. But you can disagree. You probably think drinking and driving and texting and driving can all be justified away.

Harvar'd
03:15 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 28 Years Old
Verified
Go see a doctor.
03:42 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
I think I gave some pretty solid advice compartmentalizing.

Reckless driving does make you immature in my opinion. It's unsafe for you and the people around you. But you can disagree. You probably think drinking and driving and texting and driving can all be justified away.

Harvar'd

You're right, I'm a huge advocate of drunk driving. Glad you picked up on that.

I post something about advice on anxiety- you insult me, inject some random sweetbrag about how you used to work in law (no one gives a shit by the way), and that's quality advice in your opinion? Fuck off.
04:01 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
I'm sorry for being a dick.
04:07 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
Let's break this down so a fucking idiot like you can understand. Safe driving means no fines to pay. Simple. If you don't understand, and I wouldn't put it past you that you wouldn't, then ask the government to assist you because you're possibly disabled.

Anxiety because you cant do anything right. I pointed out all you do wrong so hopefully you can change. But instead you counter by saying a reckless driving fine doesn't mean you're an immature idiot. So I'm curious as to how you would justify reckless driving. I am truly curious. If you can actually do it then I will apologize wholeheartedly.

Until then, don't bitch to me because you're a no good deadbeat. Use it as motivation.

Cheers

I was late for work and blew through a red light while I was speeding. The cop was a dick and gave me reckless. That one mistake defines me as an immature idiot forever? I'd love to know what mistakes define you as one- though I'm sure you've never made in in your life.

I intern five hours a day then work six hours a day, go to school full time and stay above a 3.0. Deadbeat? Try fucking workaholic, you dick. My job pays me $12.00 an hour and I work the absolute max amount of hours I can given my schedule. I never said I didn't deserve to pay the fines, all I said is that it was tough. I'm not sure how anything I have said in this thread can lead you to infer that I'm an immature deadbeat, but I am sure that everything you've said in this thread has lead me to easily infer that you're a fucking prick.
04:13 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
I'm sorry for being a dick.

Don't sweat it man. I'm sorry too.
04:57 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
Don't sweat it man. I'm sorry too.
I know what youre going through because I'm kinda going through it too. I don't know why I belittled your problem, guess I was jealous you atleast talked about it in order to find away to alleviate or fix it.

Keep on trucking.
06:49 PM on 04/02/13 
User Info.
ParkwayTom
Forgive me, Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
Male - 24 Years Old
I know what youre going through because I'm kinda going through it too. I don't know why I belittled your problem, guess I was jealous you atleast talked about it in order to find away to alleviate or fix it.

Keep on trucking.

Likewise man.

Also, as a little update, it turns out I didn't have a panic attack. According to my blood test, I'm hypoglycemic. Low blood sugar, according to the doctor, can feel like the same thing. God damnit, I'm gonna have to change the thread title.
10:18 AM on 04/03/13 
User Info.
drewinseries
Fight to get it back again.
Boston, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
I've been ridiculously stressed out for the past few months. I intern at a record label five days a week work five days a week. I'm broke, I'm full time at school, I need a root canal, have to pay off court costs and probation for a reckless driving charge, trying to save money for a bday present for the gf... and about ten other things. Anyway, it culminated in a panic attack when I was in my office at work last night. Luckily only a few of my coworkers were still there, and I didn't fly off the handle super hard, but it was really scary. I thought I was having a heart attack and called an ambulance, but I eventually told them not to come and my girlfriend drove me over to the hospital. So, I took the day off from my internship and I'm penning this love letter to AP.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any similar experiences or has techniques for dealing with anxiety. My mind is always going in eight different directions, and while I'm totally used to that (if not prefer it), I'm thinking there may be a better way to handle things. Trolls and Haterrrrrzzzzzzzzz obv. welcome.

Hey, sorry to hear about your incident. I read the later posts that say you are hypoglycemic, which can be subsided by eating something sugary when you are feeling those symptoms. But, I will say based on what you said in original post, you do exhibit symptoms of anxiety. While it may not be a severe as a panic attack, dealing with my anxiety I found the best method was to teach yourself to let go of things out of your control. If you feel anxious, let it come and don't let it effect what you are doing, you can't let it control you. Thinking like that wont do much the first few times, but if you get used to it, it should help.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos