AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Exclusive News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

ABSOLUTExclusive: Random Holiday Song Stream

Posted by - 09:07 AM on 04/02/13
Everyone deserves a second chance and Random Holiday are a prime example of this mantra. Unbeknownst to them, I had the chance of seeing them live awhile back and thinking there was a lot of room for improvement. Improve they did...tenfold. Space To Grow is the band's upcoming debut LP and these high schoolers have channeled influences from recent pop-punk heavyweights like Forever Came Calling to put together an impressive full-length. Listen to "17" in the replies and leave your thoughts as well.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
09:07 AM on 04/02/13
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
09:26 AM on 04/02/13
Drock88
trashthedressmusic.bandca mp.com
User Info.
Definitely grown a lot. Great song!
09:31 AM on 04/02/13
RobbieBerns
^*~\/~*^
User Info.
These guys are awesome. Amazing to see the progression from their EP, then their split with Batten Down The Hatches, and now this. I really hope these guys make it, they've got the talent and the attitude to keep up with the best of them. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.
09:36 AM on 04/02/13
Steve P.
User Info.
So proud of these guys, they've grown a lot since I first saw them. Their new record rips. If you dug this track, you'll like the record. Be on the look out for a music video in the next month or so.
09:53 AM on 04/02/13
mattpuch21
Puchinator
User Info.
These guys are awesome. Amazing to see the progression from their EP, then their split with Batten Down The Hatches, and now this. I really hope these guys make it, they've got the talent and the attitude to keep up with the best of them. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.
I'm surprised that no one has brought up that split yet on this site. Both of those bands are great.
09:57 AM on 04/02/13
*dannyg*
dannygcanfly
User Info.
As Christian said, the improvement I've seen with these guys has been tremendous. In summer 2010, they were a blink cover band who played an original or 2 during a set. After a ton of touring & a handful of EPs, its great to see them with a solid full length. Congrats, & best of luck to you guys!
10:38 AM on 04/02/13
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
User Info.
Sweet song.
11:25 AM on 04/02/13
overitsi22
User Info.
First time hearing these guys, I am digging it.
12:39 PM on 04/02/13
cut!print
Keep me simple, unplug my head.
User Info.
Still a little bland, but they're getting there! I dig it either way.
10:40 PM on 04/11/13
JONDOE297
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have you guys ever heard of a band called Let's Be Honest?
Look up the song "Out of My League" by Let's Be Honest, and listen to the chorus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpE95eFrL4U# (@1:07 for chorus)

I live in the same area as both Random Holiday and LBH & these bands have played (local) shows together at least 3 times.
I'm not trying to be a hater, but if I'm being honest about everything, I often find Random Holiday's songs to be heavily inspired (by various pop-punk artists). There's a difference between finding inspiration in a band's music and outright stealing. Sometimes they just take it too far. In my opinion, LBH should be shaking their heads at how much Random Holiday just stole their chorus.

I could go on. There is a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff that also goes into why I don't like RH so much anymore. But hey, I keep WANTING them to show me some originality in their songwriting, so I can at least respect their music. But until then, I'll be waiting to hear the rest of the songs off their LP, waiting for an original song that I know THEY wrote.
11:01 PM on 04/12/13
Steve P.
User Info.
Have you guys ever heard of a band called Let's Be Honest?
Look up the song "Out of My League" by Let's Be Honest, and listen to the chorus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpE95eFrL4U# (@1:07 for chorus)

I live in the same area as both Random Holiday and LBH & these bands have played (local) shows together at least 3 times.
I'm not trying to be a hater, but if I'm being honest about everything, I often find Random Holiday's songs to be heavily inspired (by various pop-punk artists). There's a difference between finding inspiration in a band's music and outright stealing. Sometimes they just take it too far. In my opinion, LBH should be shaking their heads at how much Random Holiday just stole their chorus.

I could go on. There is a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff that also goes into why I don't like RH so much anymore. But hey, I keep WANTING them to show me some originality in their songwriting, so I can at least respect their music. But until then, I'll be waiting to hear the rest of the songs off their LP, waiting for an original song that I know THEY wrote.
I'm friends with the guys in RH and I can assure you they are friends with LBH. Not sure what "behind the scenes stuff" you're talking about but I love those guys, they've always been super cool to me and to be honest I think this post is just about some personal beef with someone. And for the record, having heard the entire album, it is way better than most of LBH's music, in my opinion, and sounds absolutely nothing like LBH.
11:39 AM on 04/20/13
JONDOE297
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I don't doubt RH is friends with them, in fact, that just proves my point a little further. It's not about a personal beef with someone. It's about the music. The music should come first, since after all, we are on a website which is all about reviewing music.
And I never said RH's entire album would sound like LBH, lol. I was talking about one song. And you sidestepped my whole point about the choruses from those 2 songs. You can't listen to those 2 songs and tell me they sound nothing alike.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos