05:29 PM on 04/02/13
chrisCcoan
User Info.
This is all I am listening to when I am driving fast in my car
05:41 PM on 04/02/13
EvaMore
-
User Info.
I'm just not feeling this album yet. I'd like to like it, but it just hasn't been my cup of tea.
05:46 PM on 04/02/13
cloudstrife7
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
They seriously need to change their clothes. They have been wearing the same thing for days now!
05:50 PM on 04/02/13
5fikev
User Info.
Ummm, did I miss something? Did Paramore get sucked back to the 80's by a hot tub time machine? If so, where the hell is Chevy Chase???? I'm ok if we stay for a while but I don't want to get permanently stuck there.
05:55 PM on 04/02/13
CRISTOPHnicols
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Ummm, did I miss something? Did Paramore get sucked back to the 80's by a hot tub time machine? If so, where the hell is Chevy Chase???? I'm ok if we stay for a while but I don't want to get permanently stuck there.

HA!
+1

...(and I love this album :) )
05:56 PM on 04/02/13
jco3
Oh, hello there, internet.
User Info.
I really like these songs but I feel the way Hayley's vocals are mixed in with the rest of the music is really... off.
Tis a bit different than the normal 'pop' fare, especially considering the dance-music/auto-tune kick the world seems to be on. But, I thought the vocals were mixed, and the album in general, were given a more open feel. The vocals feel more 'live', more old-school rock, which, I don't know, is pretty cool sounding.

I"m babbling now, but I just like em. It's less in your face, less ear piercing, and more just part of the tunage.
05:59 PM on 04/02/13
TooOLDforAP.Net
User Info.
Side B is FARRR better than A in my opinion. The synthy track is fun. Can't wait to blast this during summer.

I agree but that isnt saying much. Is it just me or are a lot of the lyrics about the farros? This album proves how important they were to this band!
06:03 PM on 04/02/13
cloudstrife7
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I agree but that isnt saying much. Is it just me or are a lot of the lyrics about the farros? This album proves how important they were to this band!
Not nearly as many lyrics about them in this album, as there were in the last.
06:05 PM on 04/02/13
iam1bearcat
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So... where's that review that is supposed to be done today?
06:07 PM on 04/02/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.

Them leaving was a pretty significant event for the group. I'd be more surprised if there was nothing that seemed to be about that.
06:12 PM on 04/02/13
hcjosh
User Info.
I've been an avid Paramore fan from the start. This record is really really great. Brand New Eyes was my favorite but this ties or exceeds it in a different way. What a good change, what incredible drumming from Ilan, and the production is spot on. I personally could do without the 3 interludes, Anklebiters, and (One of Those) Crazy Girls... but hey thats still 12/17 that are badass. Well done Paramore. I hope this record is their biggest yet!
06:18 PM on 04/02/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
oh side b!!! I thought it was b-side! my bad

/leaves thread
06:21 PM on 04/02/13
CRISTOPHnicols
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So... where's that review that is supposed to be done today?
Tomorrow.

Also, I agree that the vocals are less mixed/more real and live sounding. Rock 'n Roll, love it.

Anklebiters and Crazy Girls are a lot of people's favourites, I'm noticing pretty much each one of the songs has somebody saying it's the best or "only good" song on the album.
06:29 PM on 04/02/13
Merve
Pennycan Champion
User Info.
The songs are good, but I'm not really digging the wall-of-sound production and mixing. I'll wait until I hear the album in its entirety to judge, but this record may be another victim of the Loudness Wars.
06:44 PM on 04/02/13
HelloxAlone
stay lucky, stay free
User Info.
Having listened to the whole album, these 4 songs are my favourite by far. Ain't It Fun and Part II were awesome.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums