Username
Password
Say Anything News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 39.
12:38 PM on 04/03/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Awesome interview. Now I'm just wondering who these guest spots could possibly be on the next record.
01:00 PM on 04/03/13
badforcats1189
User Info.
how bout he just writes some songs that took more than a couple hours each?

after getting super into Is A Real Boy lately with all it's insane craftsmanship and then trying again to get into everything after that record, im convinced his song writing routines just got lazier and lazier over time, and im not sure he's even noticed.

unless maybe he thinks doing less makes his music sound more mature? either way, he's wrong, and i'm an asshole for telling him what to do with his art. but i mean, fuck, that album is amazing.

Seriously though. I never listened to say anything till a couple years ago but when I did I wanted to take everything in at once and honestly "Is A Real Boy" is his best effort for sure. the songs are otherworldly good to me. also Id probably cry if he did a 10 year anniversary tour of that album next year.

Great interview too btw
01:18 PM on 04/03/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
Seriously though. I never listened to say anything till a couple years ago but when I did I wanted to take everything in at once and honestly "Is A Real Boy" is his best effort for sure. the songs are otherworldly good to me. also Id probably cry if he did a 10 year anniversary tour of that album next year.

Great interview too btw
every last song on it is better than anything he's released since
01:23 PM on 04/03/13
streetcar
User Info.
As usual, a great read from Mr Bemis.

I'm very keen to get a copy of Polarity. Looks and sounds great.

Excited for new SA.

It’s sort of re-visiting, for me, that first record, but from a 28-year-old guy versus an 18-year-old. It’s like where are we, the people who grew up listening to blink-182 (laughs).
This is exactly where I'm at right now. I just turned 28 today.

Also, INCREDIBLY pumped for new Two Tongues, whenever that eventually happens.
Where else did i read that max was a big blink fan??
01:52 PM on 04/03/13
serendipity
Columnated Ruins Domino
User Info.
Just picked up Polarity. Awesome, awesome middle spread.
02:05 PM on 04/03/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
Just picked up Polarity. Awesome, awesome middle spread.
Which one specifically? There were so many awesome moments in that issue
02:51 PM on 04/03/13
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.

The last few pages took me by surprise and have me REALLY anticipating the next issue.

Congrats, Max. You convinced me to buy my first comic in about 15 years. POLARITY is fantastic so far!
02:58 PM on 04/03/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
The last few pages took me by surprise and have me REALLY anticipating the next issue.

Congrats, Max. You convinced me to buy my first comic in about 15 years. POLARITY is fantastic so far!
When I picked it up the guys in the shop gave it a look like "what the fuck is this book I've never heard of?" I have a feeling he only ordered 1 copy because I asked him to, but I think this book could be enjoyed by anyone. The writing is fantastic, and having knowledge of Say Anything's lyrics and history is just the cherry on top of an already superb cake.
03:16 PM on 04/03/13
serendipity
Columnated Ruins Domino
User Info.
The exact middle (where the staples go), the sequence where he flushes his pills and starts going nuts again. I love it.
03:27 PM on 04/03/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
The exact middle (where the staples go), the sequence where he flushes his pills and starts going nuts again. I love it.
Oh yeah! That was great. I really liked the single page where it laid out what a hipster is, it seemed like that whole art gallery scene fit in perfectly with Admit It!!! and the ideas that song had.
03:32 PM on 04/03/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Fuck now I kinda wanna get it.
03:40 PM on 04/03/13
serendipity
Columnated Ruins Domino
User Info.
Oh yeah! That was great. I really liked the single page where it laid out what a hipster is, it seemed like that whole art gallery scene fit in perfectly with Admit It!!! and the ideas that song had.
Haha yeah, great image too. Description of male hipster hit terrifyingly close to home. I guess that despite my pseudobohemian appearance and vaguely leftist doctrine of beliefs...
03:42 PM on 04/03/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
^^^^haha
03:46 PM on 04/03/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
Haha yeah, great image too. Description of male hipster hit terrifyingly close to home. I guess that despite my pseudobohemian appearance and vaguely leftist doctrine of beliefs...
hahaha I felt the same way. I was just checking things off in my head as he listed them. Also the Regina George reference was awesome
05:37 PM on 04/03/13
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor | @drewberinger | Locked Groove
User Info.
also use spoilers please guys for the people who haven't read it yet.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests