Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 14 posts.
05:52 AM on 04/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm going back to reviewing EPs - SEVENTEEN SONGS IS HARD.
06:05 AM on 04/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good review, but I absolutely disagree that Part II is unnecessary. I reckon it's the best song on the album, other than maybe Ain't It Fun. Seriously, so so good.
Like I said, I think the chorus is fantastic - but the rest of the song is just SO close to "Let The Flames Begin" that it either makes the original or this song a little irrelevant. There's no way I'd listen to both songs in the same playlist.

anapplegod.
06:17 AM on 04/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wait, you thought the verses and melodies had a "Let the Flames Begin" sound? I read that wrong. I'd say that about the chorus...
The chorus' instrumentation felt very "Let The Flames Begin" to me. The lyrics are just SO close in the verses that I couldn't get past it - although I'm being outvoted pretty heavily, haha.
06:34 AM on 04/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think I like the record overall. This is one that takes more time to sink in.
I wish that:
The Interludes
Ain't It Fun
(One Of Those) Crazy Girls
weren't on the album. Would make it much more cohesive to me.
I'm usually a huge stickler for records' cohesiveness - I'll take smooth listening over variety almost every day of the week. For whatever reason, this record warranted the variety.

And that's the first negative "Ain't It Fun" comment I've seen - adore that song.
06:39 AM on 04/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can you even have cohesion with such extreme variety? I feel like the two don't really go hand-in-hand.
Usuallyyyyy. But not for this one!
06:56 AM on 04/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Also, calling this right now - the band will play "Let The Flames Begin" and "Part II" as a medley live.
07:34 AM on 04/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What I miss most on this record are the guitar parts Josh was known for. The riffs, the non-annoying solos. That's always been my second favorite thing about Paramore. I think that would have remained in the band's formula even if they continued to progress into this direction.
I loved, loved, loved old Paramore, and largely due to the Farro's contributions.
I just don't really miss it? I enjoy this as well.
04:57 PM on 04/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
For this website, yes. I would also say it is far better than BNE, which got a 90%. BNE was the exact same thing as RIOT.

What.
04:58 PM on 04/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Regarding my thoughts on "Part II" vs. the rest of the world:

Haha, but seriously, glad to hear people forming their own opinions.
06:52 PM on 04/03/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
But this is Hayley's worst album, also note i said Hayley because we all know that this isn't a real band anyway just a manufactured group to sell units to the masses.

Can you please explain this? I just don't understand how you could think that.

- Her tone, power, and range are incredible, and they're better than ever here - that's not really debatable.
- You might be able to argue her lyrics are different here, but not enough to call it their worst record.
- Her melodies are kind of great here - even if you don't enjoy the style of music, her ability to both accent and star about the instrumentation is fantastic.
10:11 AM on 04/09/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Did anyone else notice that the tracks a lot of us like ("Part II", "Fast In My Car", etc) were co-written by the producer, Justin Meldal-Johnson?
Not surprising at the major label level - and not a bad thing, in my opinion.
02:26 PM on 04/09/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Interesting what you said about "Ain't It Fun". I think it is possibly the worst song Paramore has ever released.

Soooo...why? Curious to hear your reasoning - it's totally not for everyone, but would like to know how you could possibly call it one if the worst songs in their catalog.
12:33 AM on 04/23/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If you look, you'll see he gave everything an "8". A lot of the reviewers just aren't bothering with the individual categories anymore, just posting the overall grade across the board.

Because APv3.0 operates on a 0/10 scale, we've adopted it as a staff.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums