Username
Password

Comments: Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 313
08:43 PM on 04/03/13
torres
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can you please explain this? I just don't understand how you could think that.

- Her tone, power, and range are incredible, and they're better than ever here - that's not really debatable.
- You might be able to argue her lyrics are different here, but not enough to call it their worst record.
- Her melodies are kind of great here - even if you don't enjoy the style of music, her ability to both accent and star about the instrumentation is fantastic.
Kids like NeonChrist don't have the maturity, education, experience, or intellectual savvy to formulate a well-informed opinion on this album. His personal bias is too evident to take his opinions seriously. Basically, his words have no bearing on any discussion in regards to this album.
08:44 PM on 04/03/13
torres
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think Pretty. Odd. and In Defense of the Genre have fantastic cohesiveness despite how different the songs are from one to the next.
Pretty.Odd yes.

I don't know if I'd call In Defense Of The Genre cohesive, but I think that's part of its charm. So many great songs on there. Honestly do not care about how well that album flows or how overbearing of a length time it has.
08:52 PM on 04/03/13
InExile
AOTY: Broad Shoulders by Dikembe
User Info.
I couldn't finish this album, pretty bad.

09:07 PM on 04/03/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
I couldn't finish this album, pretty bad.

This is so way off that it's not even funny.

Even if you don't like the different genre styles on this album, you'd still recognize quality and commendable songwriting.

People expect to hear Brand New and B182 everytime here.
09:18 PM on 04/03/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
There's some really solid tunes like "Fast in my car", "Anklebiters", and "Be Alone" but a lot of filler as well. I hate the interludes on top of that. I feel like if they cut some of the fat, we could have the best Paramore record right now.
09:20 PM on 04/03/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
There's some really solid tunes like "Fast in my car", "Anklebiters", and "Be Alone" but a lot of filler as well. I hate the interludes on top of that. I feel like if they cut some of the fat, we could have the best Paramore record right now.
It seems everyone has different favourites though so it'd be hard to decide what the fat is, I for instance would cut off "Be Alone" for sure.
09:44 PM on 04/03/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
It seems everyone has different favourites though so it'd be hard to decide what the fat is, I for instance would cut off "Be Alone" for sure.
It seems like most people agree w/ Fast In My Car and Part II.
09:44 PM on 04/03/13
EvaMore
-
User Info.
Well written. I'm not sure what I'll be expecting from Paramore, but I'm glad there'll be a few tracks I'll probably enjoy.
09:46 PM on 04/03/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
It seems like most people agree w/ Fast In My Car and Part II.
As good or bad? The fact that I have to ask shows that they don't. I've seen a lot of people hating on Fast Car and lots loving it. I've seen mostly positive for Part II but some don't like it, including this review.
09:57 PM on 04/03/13
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
As good or bad? The fact that I have to ask shows that they don't. I've seen a lot of people hating on Fast Car and lots loving it. I've seen mostly positive for Part II but some don't like it, including this review.
I was responding to the "favorites" part which is why I bolded it, so good. In this thread I've seen most people appreciating them, and to a degree "Ain't It Bad" (the handful who didn't said they aren't into that style of music). And "Part II" dislike is a small minority...hence Jack making that gif where he felt crazy, wondering what everyone else is listening to.
10:10 PM on 04/03/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I was responding to the "favorites" part which is why I bolded it, so good. In this thread I've seen most people appreciating them, and to a degree "Ain't It Bad" (the handful who didn't said they aren't into that style of music). And "Part II" dislike is a small minority...hence Jack making that gif where he felt crazy, wondering what everyone else is listening to.
Yeah, the only reason I felt the need to ask was because I've seen a lot of people hating on FIMC in particular and not many people naming either as favourites. I love both but they wouldn't be in my top 3/4.
11:03 PM on 04/03/13
torres
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My personal ranking of the songs (sans the interludes), which is subject to change:

1) Ain't It Fun
2) Part II
3) Last Hope
4) Fast In My Car
5) Grow Up
6) Daydreaming
7) (One Of Those) Crazy Girls
8) Anklebiters
9) Still Into You
10) Now
11) Future
12) Be Alone
13) Future
14) Hate To See Your Heart Break

I like all the songs.
11:23 PM on 04/03/13
JoshSalas
User Info.
Part II is the best song on the album, though.
12:11 AM on 04/04/13
jasonmeowz
Infinitycat
User Info.
it's just all over the place and i don't get mist of it. hopefully the next one is better.
12:41 AM on 04/04/13
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is there anything on this record in the vein of Misery Business or Crushcrushcrush?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos