Username
Password
Murder by Death News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Murder by Death
Inside AP.net

Murder by Death Cover Song Releases

Posted by: Jason Tate (04/04/13)
You can get Murder by Death's album of cover songs they did for their Kickstarter campaign, here.

Submitted by thesinkingship

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
11:50 AM on 04/04/13
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
I don't know this band very well at all, but I'm excited to listen to the Wilson Phillips cover.
12:09 PM on 04/04/13
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
this is fucking awesome
12:32 PM on 04/04/13
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
User Info.
The Elliot Smith cover...all the feels
02:14 PM on 04/04/13
chordsforacure
Host of the Saint Mort Show!
User Info.
I always wrote this band off due to their name (I assumed it was like Death Metal haha) but listening to their Just Dropped In cover by Kenny Rogers is pretty fantastic. Can any fans of the band confirm if this is their regular sound or this is a drastic change. I dig the vocals (very Nick Cave-y)
03:17 PM on 04/04/13
abovepalmtrees
User Info.
I always wrote this band off due to their name (I assumed it was like Death Metal haha) but listening to their Just Dropped In cover by Kenny Rogers is pretty fantastic. Can any fans of the band confirm if this is their regular sound or this is a drastic change. I dig the vocals (very Nick Cave-y)
With it being such an eclectic collection of covers, I wouldn't say that this is their regular sound, but they did do a great job of staying true to most of the songs and adding a lot of their own flavor. Check out their album "Red of Tooth and Claw", it's streaming on their bandcamp. Great introduction to the band and you'll definitely hear the Nick Cave influence, as well as some Johnny Cash, Tom Waits, and artists like those. Personal favorite tracks are "Coming Home", "Fuego" and "'52 Ford". Enjoy!
05:28 PM on 04/04/13
skrillzzz1109
User Info.
And then after listening to my least favorite album of theirs :), check out the rest of their discography is this order...

In Bocca Al Lupo
Good Morning, Magpie
Bitter Drink, Bitter Moon
Like the Exorcist...
Who Will Survive...

"In Bocca..." and "Who Will Survive..." are probably my fav two albums. I think it would be a nice way to book end.

Or, if you have Spotify, let me make you a nice mixtape. Or if you don't, then here are some from each album that will give you a nice mix of what they have done.

1 - "I'm Afraid of Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe" from Like the Exorcist...
2 - "Those Who Left" from Like the Exorcist
3 - "Killbot" from Who Will Survive...
4 - "End of the Line" from Who Will Survive...
5 - "Brother" from In Bocca...
6 - "Sometimes the Line Walks You" from In Bocca...
7 - "Shiola" from In Bocca...
8 - "Comin' Home " from Red of Tooth...
9 - "Spring Break 1899" from Red of Tooth...
10 - "King of the Gutters, Prince of the Dogs" from Good Morning, Magpie
11 - "Yes" from Good Morning, Magpie
12 - "Lost River" from Bitter Drink...
13 - "Ghost Fields" from Bitter Drink

Some of those are my favorites. Some of those just give you an idea of how diverse they have been.

Sorry for the long post! I just need to take any chance I can to get a new fan of a band I've loved for a decade!
06:16 PM on 04/04/13
chordsforacure
Host of the Saint Mort Show!
User Info.
With it being such an eclectic collection of covers, I wouldn't say that this is their regular sound, but they did do a great job of staying true to most of the songs and adding a lot of their own flavor. Check out their album "Red of Tooth and Claw", it's streaming on their bandcamp. Great introduction to the band and you'll definitely hear the Nick Cave influence, as well as some Johnny Cash, Tom Waits, and artists like those. Personal favorite tracks are "Coming Home", "Fuego" and "'52 Ford". Enjoy!
Thank you,

I did notice that they all stayed quite true to the original (which I'm not totally sure how I feel they didn't do the songs a disservice at all but they didn't really do anything new either) so I didn't know if that was really a good example of the band. I'll check out those songs.
08:46 PM on 04/05/13
j4callen
User Info.
Needle In The Hey is everything.
12:18 AM on 04/08/13
Gumbyjag
Everything Evil
User Info.
Worth it for "Hold On" alone.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music