thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Yush!
06:56 PM on 04/04/13
Fourchordwonder
and we all return to our roots
User Info.
I dunno if the RFC following would be into Weatherbox, but I could be wrong.
I actually think they would be a decent fit on RFC. And even if they aren't, Jeff doesn't seem to have a problem with releasing stuff he likes even if it's not right in line with the rest of the label's catalogue. Same goes for Topshelf.
08:44 PM on 04/04/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I actually think they would be a decent fit on RFC. And even if they aren't, Jeff doesn't seem to have a problem with releasing stuff he likes even if it's not right in line with the rest of the label's catalogue. Same goes for Topshelf.

I was going to say that I could see Topshelf being a nice fit with my original post haha
11:32 PM on 04/04/13
meekers
has been here longer than you
User Info.
sign this damn band!!!
11:52 PM on 04/04/13
iamsoindie
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It literally makes me physically ill that a band such as The Box is in limbo with new music in the chamber. These dudes deserve a massive deal or at least a high end promo company to push their music. With continued output, this band could be huge. Let's not kid ourselves here.
The fact that Weatherbox isn't recognized literally makes you physically ill? Are you sure that there's not another explanation behind your physical illness? Are you sick to your stomach every time you think about Weatherbox? How odd.
03:01 AM on 04/05/13
Fourchordwonder
and we all return to our roots
User Info.
I was going to say that I could see Topshelf being a nice fit with my original post haha
Topshelf probably makes more sense. They're putting out the Weatherbox/Sainthood Reps split, right?
06:51 AM on 04/05/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Favorite Gentleman or Rory Records makes a lot of sense to me. Fans of FG bands would most likely enjoy Weatherbox music, and as far as Rory Records goes, Say Anything has brought The Box along on many occasions and and I think they would be a good fit, not sure about Rory's promotional abilities though.

Anyway I've been waiting for a full length release for so long Weatherbox are one of my all time favorite bands! There last album was so good it made me read "Sirens Of Titans" which I encourage anyone to do to increase the experience of the Cosmic Drama. Hopefully this all happens sooner than later!
07:24 AM on 04/05/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
The fact that Weatherbox isn't recognized literally makes you physically ill? Are you sure that there's not another explanation behind your physical illness? Are you sick to your stomach every time you think about Weatherbox? How odd.

Exaggeration
07:24 AM on 04/05/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Favorite Gentleman or Rory Records makes a lot of sense to me. Fans of FG bands would most likely enjoy Weatherbox music, and as far as Rory Records goes, Say Anything has brought The Box along on many occasions and and I think they would be a good fit, not sure about Rory's promotional abilities though.

Anyway I've been waiting for a full length release for so long Weatherbox are one of my all time favorite bands! There last album was so good it made me read "Sirens Of Titans" which I encourage anyone to do to increase the experience of the Cosmic Drama. Hopefully this all happens sooner than later!

One of my favorite books
08:41 AM on 04/05/13
meekers
User Info.
Favorite Gentlemen would be sweet!
08:41 AM on 04/05/13
meekers
User Info.
Seriously though, why aren't labels sweating this band?
11:26 AM on 04/05/13
grimis16
User Info.
FINALLY, WOO!
11:39 AM on 04/05/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Fuck yes.
12:09 PM on 04/05/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
Seriously though, why aren't labels sweating this band?
They definitely deserve it... However I can see why they haven't gotten noticed yet. They stay fairly quite, They haven't released an official music video in 5 years when everyone and their mother is on youtube, They have a Bandcamp with only their latest EP on it, They have no mainstream appeal (Not that any of their cult following wants that) but one radio-friendly song could probably put them in the spotlight, and like Brian said they really only promote via facebook. I've been a huge fan since I stumbled upon American Art sometime around the release of SA IARB but I have no recollection of how I heard about them. Not to mention The Cosmic Drama was awesome but was really only accesible to die hard fans. I think a small band run label like Favorite Gentleman would be a perfect fit, especially because there has been talk of a collab with Andy Hull called My Pals.
12:20 PM on 04/05/13
badforcats1189
User Info.
Honestly ive seen them too many times to count, (I live in SD) and they are amazing. Ive been waiting for this album too long. I really don't care if they get a label because label or not, when this record comes out its gonna blow people away. I know it
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests