Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 4 posts
09:37 AM on 04/05/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
FACE value on the floor and 100 level at the UC Chicago show are $600. FACE.

Should be boycotted at those prices.
Damn
10:44 AM on 04/05/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
That's cute, but you're missing the point. The secondary market justifies better anti-scalping mechanisms, not redirecting the exploitation of fans so the band reaps the profit.
Thank you
10:45 AM on 04/05/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
I think my disagreement with you, and with people in this thread, is that that you're all acting like you have a right to see a band in concert at a reasonable price more than the band has a right to make money (which, you know, is their livelihood).
The band does deserve to make money. But they also owe it to their fans, who are the ones that give them money, to be fair and reasonable. Yeah, I know they CAN charge whatever price because of supply and demand. I've taken multiple economics lessons. But that doesn't mean they have to.
11:08 AM on 04/05/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Why do they owe it to their poor fans in particular? Ideally you'd let everyone pay exactly as much as they valued the show at and hold it at a 200,000 person amphitheater, but that's not how the world works. So instead, because the band wants to make money, they choose to play to the people who can and will pay the most to see them.
Because their poor fans have still supported them for years, and have bought their records. Again, they can do whatever they want, but they don't need to do this

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos