Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts
09:33 AM on 04/05/13
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
FACE value on the floor and 100 level at the UC Chicago show are $600. FACE.

Should be boycotted at those prices.
01:44 PM on 04/05/13
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read. Every time a band prices tickets at (for example) $100 then people buy and resell them for $600, you know who's making money off the band? The resellers. They're making five times the amount of money per ticket than the band is. Supply and demand. No one is forcing you to buy those tickets, but there are certainly people out there who are willing to pay that.

Ticket prices don't go down if people buy them. If fall out boy does an arena tour and tickets are $250...is that ok?

And the "pit" at the UC show is $1500 a ticket face price. It's absolutely absurd. Do I actually think people will boycott? No, it was an exaggerated statement. But to say its the dumbest thing you've ever read? Come on. I'd say reading face value of tickets at $600-$1500 certainly rivals it
02:13 PM on 04/05/13
The Old Black
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sure it's OK if FOB charges $250 for a ticket. Would it make some people mad, namely a lot of people in this thread? Sure.

But if the market price for those tickets -- the price that people are willing to pay, is $250 -- then why don't they charge that much? Why charge $50, let scalpers buy them all, then let scalpers make that additional $200 per ticket instead of the band?

I'm with you on what you're saying. The band should be seeing profit and not the scalpers, but at a certain point the $$$ are absurd either way. That's what bothers me.

I don't think anyone should willingly pay the prices mentioned, but they will...so they'll continue to be expensive.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos