DylanPPPP
Hey, are you a dreamer?
User Info.
^^^^
02:13 PM on 04/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
if someone were to look me dead in the eyes and say "thrift shop is a good song" i would lose all respect for them.
02:18 PM on 04/05/13
lilRIPsta
User Info.
People hating this song are probably thr same ones losing their panties over the new FOB tracks.
02:29 PM on 04/05/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
People hating this song are probably thr same ones losing their panties over the new FOB tracks.

Nope. Sorry. Those suck too.
02:52 PM on 04/05/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
How pissed off hip-hop fans get over all the white boys who hate most hiphop liking Macklemore is part of what makes him so awesome.

Normal people would be like "Oh you like that. Here check this stuff if you want to listen to something similar"

but with Macklemore and Hip Hop its just like "FUCK YOU MACKLEMORE SUCKS YOU SUCK FOR LIKING HIM LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER I AM THAN YOU"

It is also amusing to watch all the hate grow as it becomes popular. Same thing happened with Ce-Loo's Fuck You song. People were going crazy about it online, then suddenly it became popular and everyone hated it.

Its a shame so many people value their self-worth on the music they listen to and so need to change their tastes in order to keep fueling their smug superiority complex. Just listen to the music you like and don't give a shit about who else likes it.
03:04 PM on 04/05/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
^ your overt generalizations are staggering
03:09 PM on 04/05/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
No.

This song fucking sucks. Has nothing to do with how popular it is. I like plenty of popular and even.overplayed songs. This song is grating and annoying.
What's so wrong with it? The production is spot on and the lyrics are funny. It was never meant to be a serious song, or even a single.

EDIT: I'll admit I didn't really like the song either at first, but I don't understand the vitriolic hate for all things Macklemore.
03:12 PM on 04/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
What's so wrong with it? The production is spot on and the lyrics are funny. It was never meant to be a serious song, or even a single.
the production is pretty thin and boring to me and the lyrics are terrible and his flow is annoying. to each their own i guess but i see nothing redeemable about this song.
03:15 PM on 04/05/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
the production is pretty thin and boring to me and the lyrics are terrible and his flow is annoying. to each their own i guess but i see nothing redeemable about this song.
I think I started to like the song when I stopped taking it seriously, it's a fun song and that's about it. The Heist has some really serious songs on it, and I feel like this adds some levity to the album.
03:19 PM on 04/05/13
Jake Jenkins
dont talk to me
User Info.
I think I started to like the song when I stopped taking it seriously, it's a fun song and that's about it. The Heist has some really serious songs on it, and I feel like this adds some levity to the album.
i like plenty of fun hip-hop songs, this is just poorly executed. i think the heist is a pretty mediocre album as well, but like i said, to each their own. it has nothing to do with his popularity, i just dont think he's that great of an artist. good on him for making it this big as an indie, thats impressive.
03:23 PM on 04/05/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
i like plenty of fun hip-hop songs, this is just poorly executed. i think the heist is a pretty mediocre album as well, but like i said, to each their own. it has nothing to do with his popularity, i just dont think he's that great of an artist. good on him for making it this big as an indie, thats impressive.
I have a feeling your thoughts on The Heist mirror mine on "And We Danced," because to me that song is a piece of garbage.
03:41 PM on 04/05/13
Star Slight
User Info.
How pissed off hip-hop fans get over all the white boys who hate most hiphop liking Macklemore is part of what makes him so awesome.

Normal people would be like "Oh you like that. Here check this stuff if you want to listen to something similar"

but with Macklemore and Hip Hop its just like "FUCK YOU MACKLEMORE SUCKS YOU SUCK FOR LIKING HIM LOOK HOW MUCH BETTER I AM THAN YOU"

It is also amusing to watch all the hate grow as it becomes popular. Same thing happened with Ce-Loo's Fuck You song. People were going crazy about it online, then suddenly it became popular and everyone hated it.

Its a shame so many people value their self-worth on the music they listen to and so need to change their tastes in order to keep fueling their smug superiority complex. Just listen to the music you like and don't give a shit about who else likes it.
While I don't find the song as awful as most of these dudes and find them greatly exaggerating, you're an idiot
04:25 PM on 04/05/13
WarmThoughts
You wont break my mind just yet,
User Info.
Eh, boo on white rappers,
04:34 PM on 04/05/13
Trent Powers
User Info.
Remember when Flobots were as big as these two?
04:46 PM on 04/05/13
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
if someone were to look me dead in the eyes and say "thrift shop is a good song" i would lose all respect for them.
Seems like your respect isn't worth that much.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos