Password

04:02 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
With Aching Looks & Breaking Hearts
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
Any other parents here on AP??

I figured I'd have better conversations with parents on AP than I have had recently at play groups. I've noticed that most parents Ive met at "mommy and me class" and play groups are at LEAST 10 - 15 years older than I am. I get the sighs or eye rolls at my gauges, anytime I wear a band shirt I get the quesiotn "what does that mean??" When parents find out my son likes to drum along to music and find out his favorite bands are senses fail, saves the day, and LMFAO (NOT my choice there I blame youtube's Elmo and I know it!!) the answer usually is something along the lines of "thats not really appropriate" Am I alone on this??? Are there any other cool parents out there???
06:51 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
Chris Collum
Louisville, KY
Male - 22 Years Old
Staff Member
Um
07:05 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
Wake Up
█▓▒░░
Portland, OR
Male - 22 Years Old
his favorite bands are senses fail, saves the day, and LMFAO (NOT my choice there I blame youtube's Elmo and I know it!!)
07:42 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
I've produced offspring, and I like to think I'm at least a little cool, but I don't really consider myself a parent because (among other things) my boy lives a continent away.
08:11 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
imchriswalken
Lesser human by post count
New Orleans, LA
Male
Any other parents here on AP??

My three-year-old daughter likes "girl songs" (Florence + The Machine, Taylor Swift, Paramore, etc.), "circle songs" (anything thrashy or fast, like Wilhelm Scream, Anchors, etc. that you would circle pit to, which she also loves), and "angry songs" (anything with screaming or shouting).

My son apparently moshes in the womb whenever I'm listening to something aggressive, and will stop when I hit pause.
08:13 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
6-5, still in it baby!
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
i know there are a few parents on here, but i'm not sure if any of them frequent PL
08:16 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
My three-year-old daughter likes "girl songs" (Florence + The Machine, Taylor Swift, Paramore, etc.), "circle songs" (anything thrashy or fast, like Wilhelm Scream, Anchors, etc. that you would circle pit to, which she also loves), and "angry songs" (anything with screaming or shouting).

My son apparently moshes in the womb whenever I'm listening to something aggressive, and will stop when I hit pause.

That's awesome. My son kicked along with Manchester orchestra we saw them in concert 3 weeks before he was born and he was quite active the entire time. When is your son due?
09:48 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
EffigyOMA
No Avatar Selected
Rockford, IL
Male - 30 Years Old
My kid is hooked on Dead Sara right now. She's almost 4.
10:23 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
upthepunx
San Diego, CA
Male - 25 Years Old
UGH MOM! GET OUT OF HERE YOU'RE EMBARRASSING ME OH MY GOD
11:47 PM on 04/05/13 
User Info.
Amongster
Still In Last Place
Illinois, USA
Female - 24 Years Old
... anytime I wear a band shirt I get the quesiotn "what does that mean??"

Please tell me you've worn a This Town Needs Guns shirt in front of other parents.
01:08 AM on 04/06/13 
User Info.
Fringe
highfive
Male - 20 Years Old
02:41 AM on 04/06/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm living it, leaving it to change
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old

jk. I don't have kids, but I've come across a few parents on ap. There are definitely some around here.
06:48 AM on 04/06/13 
User Info.
imchriswalken
Lesser human by post count
New Orleans, LA
Male
That's awesome. My son kicked along with Manchester orchestra we saw them in concert 3 weeks before he was born and he was quite active the entire time. When is your son due?

June. Diapers and sleepless nights again... so soon... My daughter is starting to learn songs, and tends to stay in rhythm and key pretty consistently. I'm hoping for something along the lines of a melodic hardcore White Stripes.
07:32 AM on 04/06/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old
June. Diapers and sleepless nights again... so soon... My daughter is starting to learn songs, and tends to stay in rhythm and key pretty consistently. I'm hoping for something along the lines of a melodic hardcore White Stripes.

Congrats! I love having a little boy, they are so much fun. Our little guy turns two in july, we are thinking about getting him a mini drum kit for his birthday. Are you teaching your daughter to play any instruments??
07:35 AM on 04/06/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
Upstate New York
Female - 28 Years Old

jk. I don't have kids, but I've come across a few parents on ap. There are definitely some around here.

Haha yeah hopefully that will not be me in 14 years. But in my defense my son has already met claudio sanchez and adam lazzara haha. He also has a manchester orchestra album signed for him from when we saw them pregnant. I really hope he listens to my kind of music when he is older or these stories will not seem so cool.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos