Password

09:00 AM on 04/07/13 
User Info.
Kelly Doherty
@_kellydoherty for the lolz
Ireland
Female - 19 Years Old
Staff Member
Any Will Oldham fans around here? Or Palace Brothers/Palace Music/Palace Songs/Bonnie 'Prince' Billy fans?

I don't see him mentioned on the site at all, so this is more searching for other fans.

New Partner is my sad jam. So perfect.
12:13 PM on 04/07/13 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 24 Years Old
I'm a huge fan. I think '07 or '08 would have been when I first got into BPB--I had just discovered Pitchfork, and made it my first order of business to do a search of all their "10.0" records and window shop them on YouTube. I was pretty hooked by I See a Darkness right away, and it quickly rose into my "all-time favorite" ranks. That's still my favorite thing he's done, but all of his records are pretty perfectly of a piece. Each one has a distinct character of its own--which seems like a vague compliment until you actually hear the records and realize just how apt it is, not to mention how impressive considering that neither his primary instrumental palette nor his songwriting range seems especially broad.
10:58 PM on 04/07/13 
User Info.
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
Male - 24 Years Old
I've never dug enough into him, but I love I See A Darkness, the album and the song. Album has one of the best closers I've ever heard, not that I've listened to it in forever. "Oh it don't rain, anymore". And then it's over, leaving you to want so much more. I took a listen to his record from last year and liked it, but never picked it up.

^^PS, not surprised to see you in here ^^
12:20 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
StreetSpirit76
Michigan
Male - 24 Years Old
I've never dug enough into him, but I love I See A Darkness, the album and the song. Album has one of the best closers I've ever heard, not that I've listened to it in forever. "Oh it don't rain, anymore". And then it's over, leaving you to want so much more. I took a listen to his record from last year and liked it, but never picked it up.

^^PS, not surprised to see you in here ^^

For what it's worth, I'd highly recommend Ease Down the Road, Wolfroy Goes to Town, Master and Everyone and The Letting Go. And from Palace Music, Viva Last Blues. He's well worth investigating, my friend.
01:20 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
Male - 24 Years Old
For what it's worth, I'd highly recommend Ease Down the Road, Wolfroy Goes to Town, Master and Everyone and The Letting Go. And from Palace Music, Viva Last Blues. He's well worth investigating, my friend.
Noted, thanks. I'm intrigued by your assertion each album has a different feel. And yes, that is ridiculously loose paraphrasing. Perhaps my next project for when Tom needs another rest. I have heard at least half of Wolfroy and though it was good. I'm pretty sure a couple of those albums have featured in P4k's decade lists as well, which normally bodes well for my listening enjoyment.
02:49 AM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
CalRahhh
I Want That You Are Always Happy
NSW, Australia
Male - 23 Years Old
I've only listened to his music under the 'Bonnie Prince Billy' name, but I absolutely adore it all. The Letting Go, I See A Darkness and Master and Everyone are probably my favourites.

I'd also like to share the beauty of this performance to anyone that hasn't heard it:

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos