Displaying user's 18 posts
08:49 AM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
08:49 AM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I'm late on this but whatever.

Really happy that Angel Haze, Logic, Schoolboy Q, and Joey Badass made it!
09:02 AM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
So many dollar sign names. Hahaha. But still a good list. Really happy to see Ab-Soul on it, he's the ideal "freshman" choice in my opinion, the guy with a world's worth of potential to explore who you can tell still hasn't shown what he can do quite yet. All of the picks are pretty expected but for a good reason.
This may be the most worthy cover yet, imo.
09:04 AM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I agree. Most of em are very half-and-half but this one pretty much nailed it.
Who the heck is Travi$ Scott? He's the only one I've never heard of. Worth listening to?
09:11 AM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
He's on TI's label and signed as a producer to G.O.O.D. Music, I haven't listened to him much outside of his verse on "Sin City" from Cruel Summer which was pretty "meh", and he was apparently a part of "Blocka" by Pusha which is a jam of course. But I haven't heard much from him, and what I have heard hasn't really left me intrigued.

As much as I don't care about him it makes sense that he's a freshman for sure haha.
Thanks for the info.
09:11 AM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Trinidad James ftw.......lol
Yeah there's like three that I'm whatever about but that's saying something out of the 9 they have on here. XXL did a good job this time.
09:18 AM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Where should I start with Angel Haze?
09:29 AM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
I gotcha haha. I'll give it a shot. I've been so out of the loop lately...I need to catch up, I've been slacking.
Daddy slacker!
10:59 AM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Half are worthy, other half aren't. Considering XXL does a poor job of selecting people for the cover, this year they did pretty alright!
Curious as to which half you're saying aren't worthy.
11:16 AM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
best angel haze song ever. she goes hard as hell and also fuck azealia banks :)
Crazy how their relationship turned 180 ha.
12:26 PM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
Kirko, Travis Scott, Dizzy, Chief Keef (i only say this because I'm from Chicago and there were 7 people from Chicago up for nomination, and this guy was the only one selected -.-), Schoolboy Q (He's already here on the mainstream, would have been a better pick for last year but he's damn worthy of the cover), Trinidad James (people only knew he was less than 6 months ago. too soon to tell.)

I feel like Casey Veggies, Earl (who wasn't even a nominee), Chance the Rapper (i gotta have a chitown pick), mr MFN exquire, and spaceghostpurrp (mainly for his production. his raps are kinda weak but he's been the most under appreciated producer of the year) are people I would have put on there instead. Even ASAP Ferg, Chris Webby, Fat Trel, or flatbush zombies (who also didn't get nominated)l would have been better picks in my opinion. I see why the other made it, but I don't agree.
I can agree with this. Except I didn't dig a few songs from Casey Veggie that I heard and I thought MFN ex and Chris Webby were corny, saw Fat Trel live and thought he was just ok. Maybe someone can enlighten me.
12:26 PM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
To answer their question no it's not the best freshman class.
To answer who's question? No one said it was the best, but given the choices that they picked from for this year they did an alright job. Other issues have had around 3 that I cared about, the rest were trash.
12:34 PM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
He's talking about the cover since it says "BEST EVER?" haha.
Oh, lol. Forgot about that sorry bobby! haha.

Anyway, it's not the best ever, but it's one of the better ones I've seen.
01:34 PM on 04/08/13
Dre Okorley
User Info.
It's on the cover.

Best class ever?

I would say 08-09 had some great classes. Lately they've been finding some really solid rappers at the top of the class but then do dumpster diving for the other half.
I know, I acknowledged my mistake above haha.
I was actually just about to say that 2008 was the biggest XXL joke ever.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos