AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
01:28 PM on 04/11/08
TylerJames
User Info.
I'm all filled in on everything Gatsbys, but where can I hear the whole story of the Acceptance Major Label Tragedy?
04:51 PM on 04/11/08
TylerJames
User Info.
Oh, and one more thing. I heard that this album was just they kind of messing around with sounds and they had no real intentions of releasing it in the US officially, hence its only being up for download. For that I'd probably grade a little easier.
08:17 PM on 04/12/08
TylerJames
User Info.

Ah here's what I read (on their myspace)

Well it's been a little over a week now since the ten songs that make up "The Compound" have been available to you guys. I thought it would be cool to give you the story on where they came from.

A while ago we started recording songs to use as demos and begin the search to find a home/label for the band. While doing so, a label in Japan heard some music and asked if we'd be interested in releasing a record over there. We thought this would be a great way to continue to record more music without having to worry about where the money would come from to do so. This is the reason the record came out in Japan before it did here. At the end of the day, They had there record, and we had bunch of songs we could start using to generate interest from labels. With how the music biz is at this point in time, we're really trying to figure what the best move for us is.

Knowing this could take a while, we felt that it would be best to let people who were wanting to get their hands on some music do so. Even though these songs were never really intended to be released here, we're really happy with the situation and the presentation of the music! Is there a chance some of these songs may be recorded again in the future? Maybe, but we're just happy to be able to share some music with you guys in an early phase of this whole thing!

Thanks to everyone who's been a part of this so far!

Kaylan
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums