AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

05:24 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
get it kinda big because your skin is gonna absorb it and make it less sharp over time. and since it's words, triple check the spelling.
05:27 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
With Aching Looks & Breaking Hearts
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
get it kinda big because your skin is gonna absorb it and make it less sharp over time. and since it's words, triple check the spelling.

Haha good advice, I saw on some reality show a girls tattoo was spelled wrong and she didnt notice until it was all done. I would be mortified if that happened to me, although I am an AWFUL speller so any one that knows me wouldnt be totally shocked
05:37 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
RedpandaLover
pretty dumb thing to say.

i think if you have to ask for advice about what to get or where to get a tattoo then you shouldn't even get it

you shouldn't let other people give you advice on what to do to your body
05:51 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
MedicineFrmRain
With Aching Looks & Breaking Hearts
Upstate New York
Female - 27 Years Old
i think if you have to ask for advice about what to get or where to get a tattoo then you shouldn't even get it

you shouldn't let other people give you advice on what to do to your body

Advice can be taken either way, I am not asking what to get. I am asking for places people think look nice, if i dont like their advice I am the one who is making the ulitmate decision. I never would have thought of the placement i like with out doing some research, and coming onto a site like AP where i know a good amount of people have tattoos I can get some insight on things i wouldnt have known on my own. The idea of my tattoo didnt change one bit from the time i made this thread until the time i figured out where the placement of my tattoo is going to be. I didnt "have to ask advice" I wanted to see what other ideas were out there before making a HUGE decision that i cannot change.
05:52 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
wanielledalsh
https://twitter.com/WanielleDalsh
FL/NC
Female - 24 Years Old
Hopefully soon, I'm waiting to lose this last 15 or so pounds from my pregnancy. ( i gained 75 pounds!!!) Im thinking of going the weekend of July 27th thats my sons 2nd Bday!

That's awesome! Perfect timing. I definitely second what that other person said. Make sure you triple check the words. When I got mine done I read it through like 12 times then had my brother (an english major) check it several times as well haha
05:52 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
St. Paul, MN
Male - 21 Years Old
Yeah, but women are prone to flabby arms haha. If I get it there it may not be legiable in my 50s hahaha, sweet place for a guy though!
Haha good call!
10:41 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
The hip is an awesome spot but I may have more kids and i think it would get all warped and ruined there. I dont want anything huge, Im getting the lyric "No matter what the world you'll always be my baby" (Dreaming Tree by DMB) I want it to be big enough to read but not a HUGE piece of real estate on my body,
Since you made the point that the importance of this thread is that you want input on placement, I will tell you this: I absolutely regret having gotten any lyrics tattooed on me. Unless you're one of those people that likes their tattoos to be "seen" and "noticed" and for strangers to pull you aside once a day so they can read them out loud like a kindergartner and you can talk about yourself and your tattoo, which I am not, I don't recommend it. I will say though, since you're solid in your tattoo that I would definitely take that aspect of placement into consideration. Maybe someplace you can see it but is 80% of the time covered up. Because its the most annoying thing in the world, but again, some people are into it.

i LOVE foot tattoos thats what i orignally wanted, but I heard that they need alot of touch ups and im a huge baby. I have alot of friends who got tattoos on a whim and they are in (IMO) trashy spots. (on their chest for a girl, on their neck, on their inner arm, tramp stamp) I know for sure this is what i want I just cant think of a place to get it, i know the places i DONT want it haha.
and

I am not asking what to get. I am asking for places people think look nice, if i dont like their advice I am the one who is making the ulitmate decision. I never would have thought of the placement i like with out doing some research, and coming onto a site like AP where i know a good amount of people have tattoos I can get some insight on things i wouldnt have known on my own... I wanted to see what other ideas were out there before making a HUGE decision that i cannot change.

Okay, here's the problem: you made it very clear you came here to get placement on "what looks nice" but by referring to a bunch of places girls get tattoos (is that a sexist thing) as being "trashy" then you're not going to get a straight answer. Because obviously, "what looks nice" is not going to have a single answer, so you're kind of SOL.

Also I don't know if it's just me but I think if you're gonna get a tattoo, there should be a general rule of etiquette, like not calling other girls tattoo placements "trashy", ie how I probably would find a nicer way to say "foot tattoos look seriously fucking stupid" because to each their own, right?

I guess the short answer is, you're not going to get an answer. Just do what I do, look at your body a few times randomly for a few days, in different outfits, minding your own business, etc, and just try to imagine where you'd like to see the tattoo. Works every time.
10:56 PM on 04/08/13 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
Actual helpful advice:

Go to your tattoo artist and show him the exact image and size, and tell him everything, not us. Even if you had a tattoo artist here on the board, he can't answer you as well as the artist who can see your body and flow in person. He can take all your concerns, likes/dislikes, and then give you feedback.
06:22 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
troubledbyinsects
~
westfield, ma
Male - 20 Years Old
Actual helpful advice:

Go to your tattoo artist and show him the exact image and size, and tell him everything, not us. Even if you had a tattoo artist here on the board, he can't answer you as well as the artist who can see your body and flow in person. He can take all your concerns, likes/dislikes, and then give you feedback.
Do this

And get it wherever you think you'll enjoy having it. We don't know what you want. Every person is different. You'll figure it out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos