Password

07:01 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Kelly Doherty
@_kellydoherty for the lolz
Ireland
Female - 19 Years Old
Staff Member
Basically, if you want to listen to a band that sounds like a band you already listen to, put the band's name here and, hopefully, others will oblige in providing bands. Maybe some smaller bands will get a mention.

I know there's a recommendations sub forum, but this is a quicker way of getting fast recs without making a whole thread each time.

I've been recently searching for Bright Eyes-sy bands.
08:32 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3065311

Only because someone else will surely point it out if I don't.

On that note, I still am looking for bands similar to Secret and Whisper and Built On Secrets.
09:36 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Kelly Doherty
@_kellydoherty for the lolz
Ireland
Female - 19 Years Old
Staff Member

On that note, I still am looking for bands similar to Secret and Whisper and Built On Secrets.

Let not this one fade away...

I think HRVRD sound somewhat like Secret And Whisper. When singing cleanly, both vocals have a lot in common. Also, there's a lot of the same feel.
09:47 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
Italy
Male - 22 Years Old

They're a little bit poppier than S&W, but you may enjoy Ivoryline and Sent By Ravens. I was going to recommend you Conditions, but I've seen on your profile that you're already a fan of them.

Edit: man, I'm actually listening to Built On Secrets...damn, they're so damn good.
10:13 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Let not this one fade away...

I think HRVRD sound somewhat like Secret And Whisper. When singing cleanly, both vocals have a lot in common. Also, there's a lot of the same feel.

I'm a HRVRD fan actually - they're very good. That said, I'm looking for something a little more overtly melodic - a little more dramatic if you know what I mean. Both S&W and BOS have these vocalists who just command you attention and with uber melodic guitar work going along with it it's a recipe for amazingness.
10:14 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
They're a little bit poppier than S&W, but you may enjoy Ivoryline and Sent By Ravens. I was going to recommend you Conditions, but I've seen on your profile that you're already a fan of them.

Edit: man, I'm actually listening to Built On Secrets...damn, they're so damn good.

Love both those bands too actually haha That BOS EP is one of the best EPs I've ever heard, hands down.
10:36 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Title Fight?
01:34 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
GetUpAndrew
The Things We Think We're Missing
Italy
Male - 22 Years Old
Love both those bands too actually haha That BOS EP is one of the best EPs I've ever heard, hands down.

Well, if you like Ivoryline, Built On Secrets, and Sent By Ravens, I highly recommend you Soldiers Of A Wrong War. They're one of my favorite Italian bands, check them out.

As for BOS, I completely agree with you, I've just listened to Reflections in its entirety and it's mind-blowing. Looking forward to the full-lenght.
01:43 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
only the clouds
throw your body on the bad times
Amherst, MA
Male - 23 Years Old
Jawbreaker's Dear You.
02:07 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Well, if you like Ivoryline, Built On Secrets, and Sent By Ravens, I highly recommend you Soldiers Of A Wrong War. They're one of my favorite Italian bands, check them out.

As for BOS, I completely agree with you, I've just listened to Reflections in its entirety and it's mind-blowing. Looking forward to the full-lenght.

I would be so pleased to be listening to BOS for the first time, such a great band. I listened to Reflections for like 3 weeks straight and got excellent workouts haha.

I will check out SOAWW for sure, this style is probably my favorite type of music.
04:39 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Basically, if you want to listen to a band that sounds like a band you already listen to, put the band's name here and, hopefully, others will oblige in providing bands. Maybe some smaller bands will get a mention.

I know there's a recommendations sub forum, but this is a quicker way of getting fast recs without making a whole thread each time.

Titus Andronicus has similar vocals at times/lyrics. More punk though. I think you might be aware of them.
05:39 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
barkjon
belle and me
Seattle, WA
Male - 17 Years Old

I've always thought Rilo Kiley sounds like a cross between Bright Eyes and DCFC, with female vocals, of course.
09:51 PM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
Everett, WA
Male - 29 Years Old
If you like LIGHTS, go listen to Tilian Pearson's solo debut. Holy balls.
09:17 AM on 04/11/13 
User Info.
Dustin Harkins
Go support Kony 2012 some more
Harker Heights, TX
Male - 23 Years Old
If you like pina coladas

*throws tomatoes at myself*
05:35 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Geology Rocks!
Why are you so afraid?
Perth, Australia
Male

and to a lesser extent:

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version