Username
Password

07:08 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old
Hello to all you fine people of the UK. I'm about to go on a trip to your lovely island (in a month to be exact), but I'm still late on planning details regarding touristic spots and places I must see.

I'm staying in London from May 17 - 27, and even though I'm definitely checking the classic touristic spots (like Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Trafagalr Square, etc) - I'd like to know which not-so-famous places I must DEFINITELY visit. To be more specific: I was looking for something music/cultural related. Maybe an exhibition of some kind, festivals, galleries, you name it! If you happen to know some awesome club/pub/venue I must go at night to listen to good music and have a couple of beers, please tell me too.

Also, any websites/links with useful information would be much appreciated!
07:35 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
Well hello, mate. The day is mighty crikey! As you can tell im british. The land of crocodiles and hopping critters. I know everything about the city of England and the country of britan. Make sure to visit the town called United near the kingdom of Edinburgh.
If you want anymore info check the internet, it never lies. The internet told me that. Have a safe and fun trip, ah!
/spam
08:02 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Well hello, mate. The day is mighty crikey! As you can tell im british. The land of crocodiles and hopping critters. I know everything about the city of England and the country of britan. Make sure to visit the town called United near the kingdom of Edinburgh.
If you want anymore info check the internet, it never lies. The internet told me that. Have a safe and fun trip, ah!
/spam
08:24 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old
oh london! oh london! i'm finishing!
08:37 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
punkcrap
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old
nice one guys, thanks for nothing. hahaha
08:51 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 24 Years Old
After a night of drinking go find a doner kebab. You can thank me after.
09:08 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Mr. Dennis
What we like most is kicking a blue
Raleigh, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
Champions League final
10:20 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
punkcrap
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old
Champions League final

I was actually looking for tickets, but they are just too expensive
10:45 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
esposimi
0118 999 881 99 9119 7253
Harrisburg, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
12:39 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
punkcrap
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old
Great jokes, seriously - keep 'em coming
02:49 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Female - 24 Years Old
Staff Member
I guess I'm the person who's going to be serious, haha. If you're into music and culture, I'd suggest going to Camden Town which has punk record stores and all that kind of stuff. The markets are most active on the weekends so try to make it out then if you can. If you're a history nerd, I'd recommend Hampton Court Palace. Those were two of the highlights when I visited London back in 2010.
04:22 AM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
punkcrap
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old
I guess I'm the person who's going to be serious, haha. If you're into music and culture, I'd suggest going to Camden Town which has punk record stores and all that kind of stuff. The markets are most active on the weekends so try to make it out then if you can. If you're a history nerd, I'd recommend Hampton Court Palace. Those were two of the highlights when I visited London back in 2010.

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely check Camden Town - any specific place I shouldn't miss there?
07:08 AM on 04/10/13 
User Info.
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Female - 24 Years Old
Staff Member
That's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely check Camden Town - any specific place I shouldn't miss there?

It was mostly just cool to wander around, I'm sure someone from London might be able to answer this better than me. But I think All Ages Records is definitely worth the visit. I also liked Cyberdog, just because I've never seen a store quite like it back home in Canada. I don't really know how to describe it, they sell tons of glow in the dark clothing and it's pretty much set up like a rave with music blasting as loud as it would be in a club.
04:07 AM on 04/11/13 
User Info.
DanTGD
Dynamite Hero
Canvey Island,...
Male - 23 Years Old
Sunday May 26th is the Slam Dunk festival, it's a 10 minute train ride from Kings Cross Station.

Also check out:

Camden Town, specifically: Cyberdog (because it's insane) Camden market and The Electric Ballroom if there's a good gig on.

Have a walk around the south bank, there's always cool stuff going on there, a few weeks ago we stumbled onto the filming of a Doctor Who episode.

Avoid Maddum Tussads, it'll take about 4 hours for you to get in there, and most of the wax works are of British celebrities that won't really mean much, they have an awesome Marvel section, but that's about it, a lot better things you could do with the money.

Make sure you get an Oyster Card for travel too.
05:03 AM on 04/11/13 
User Info.
punkcrap
Brazil
Male - 24 Years Old

Make sure you get an Oyster Card for travel too.

A few friends are going to the Slam Dunk Festival and invited me, I wanna go but I still don't know if I'm leaving on the 26th at night or on the 27th by the morning - I'll try to make it work, a lot of good bands on the line-up!

Also I'm definitely checking out Camden Town, I'm reading some good reviews about everything on tripadvisor.com.

About the Oyster Card, should I buy it on the internet before traveling to avoid trouble, or is it ok to get it when I'm already there?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos