Password

09:22 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
http://reasonsmysoniscrying.tumblr.com/

i found this tumblr today and it's soooo funny! a dad posts pictures of his son crying and then puts a funny caption under it for why he's crying.
09:24 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Recovery Room
The Caped Crusader
Neverland
Male
I think the real reason is he's exhausted from carrying that big cranium around.
09:26 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Why would your first instinct be "I should photograph this for laughs on the internet" rather than "I should take care of my child"
10:57 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Chuck!
Lost Forever // Lost Together
Philadelphia
Male - 25 Years Old
Why would your first instinct be "I should photograph this for laughs on the internet" rather than "I should take care of my child"

11:22 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old

when a kid is crying for a stupid reason, like all of the ones on the blog, there's usually nothing that you as a parent can do to take care of them. sometimes they're just grumpy and you have to just let the kid cry and get over it themselves. i'm sure if the kid fell down the stairs, the dad would take care of him before thinking of "i should take a picture of his bleeding face."
11:25 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.

You should start a counter-tumblr called "Parenting advice from a childless internet 20-year old"
11:42 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
when a kid is crying for a stupid reason, like all of the ones on the blog, there's usually nothing that you as a parent can do to take care of them. sometimes they're just grumpy and you have to just let the kid cry and get over it themselves. i'm sure if the kid fell down the stairs, the dad would take care of him before thinking of "i should take a picture of his bleeding face."
i dunno seems like this isnt responsible/why are you mocking your child publicly
You should start a counter-tumblr called "Parenting advice from a childless internet 20-year old"

this is a real shitty argument and you should be embarrassed
11:47 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
SlappedActor
Tread lightly.
i dunno seems like this isnt responsible/why are you mocking your child publicly

You're one to talk about saying embarrassing shit. Not only would I reaffirm what I said earlier, but you must not even have any nieces or nephews, or toddler-aged cousins. If you did, you'd know that kids cry all the fucking time, often for virtually no reason. At least not reasons you can do anything about. God forbid the dad have a little fun with it.
User Info.
Colorblind!
lord top button
London, ON
Male - 21 Years Old
this post makes me glad I opened this thread
User Info.
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
Tralfamadorian
Fucking lol
11:54 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
Can't get that engine turned over
Tralfamadorian
You're one to talk about saying embarrassing shit. Not only would I reaffirm what I said earlier, but you must not even have any nieces or nephews, or toddler-aged cousins. If you did, you'd know that kids cry all the fucking time, often for virtually no reason. At least not reasons you can do anything about. God forbid the dad have a little fun with it.

Are you saying we should let kids cry? And feel emotions? What kind of monster are you?!?!?!
11:55 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
bradsonemanband
Provo, UT
Male - 28 Years Old
why not? it's not hurting anything. and if you've ever been around young kids like this (especially every day), you begin to understand that you can't do anything about it so you might as well just get a laugh out of it. and why not share it? it's not even remotely close to irresponsible and you should be embarrassed, haha.
11:57 AM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
St. Louis, MO
Male - 21 Years Old
Staff Member
i mean let's be honest, this isn't funny. whether or not this dude's a bad parent (he isn't) is irrelevant. this just isnt funny.
12:00 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
why not? it's not hurting anything. and if you've ever been around young kids like this (especially every day), you begin to understand that you can't do anything about it so you might as well just get a laugh out of it. and why not share it? it's not even remotely close to irresponsible and you should be embarrassed, haha.
i worked with kids every day for four years, lol. I taught them how to swim. I probably know better than most 20 years olds what kids crying means.

I would never take pictures of my toddler crying to entertain strangers. I'm not saying it makes this guy a bad parent, I'm saying it's really fucked up to mock your kid publicly for something they have even less control over than you.
12:01 PM on 04/09/13 
User Info.
Ryan Dennehy
Staff Member
Continue to make yourself look like a petulant child

see what i did there

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests