Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

Goo Goo Dolls "Rebel Beat" Music Video

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (04/09/13)
Watch Goo Goo Dolls' music video for "Rebel Beat" here. It's the first single from Magnetic, which is due out June 11th.

Displaying posts 1 - 13 of 13
11:30 AM on 04/09/13
classypeople
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yikes.
01:29 PM on 04/09/13
tell that mick
@mickrouse
User Info.
Verses are fine, but that chorus is kind of whack.

I can't believe Dizzy Up the Girl will be 15 years old come September...
04:04 PM on 04/09/13
Me & My Arrow
User Info.
This song was clearly written for radio, but they streamed a small club show about a week ago and played a bunch of new songs, all of which were better than this and better than almost anything on their last two albums. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be a step back towards the quality of Dizzy Up the Girl and Gutterflower.
04:12 PM on 04/09/13
keepthechange11
Blink and you miss a beat
User Info.
i concur! the new songs they played at the show were all better than Rebel Beat
05:31 PM on 04/09/13
drudo182
You Are Not Alone
User Info.
Still love the bulk of GGDs stuff.
08:03 PM on 04/09/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Everyone hating on this can't have listened to Gutterflower much. I feel like this could have fit on there.
09:24 PM on 04/09/13
Me & My Arrow
User Info.
Everyone hating on this can't have listened to Gutterflower much. I feel like this could have fit on there.
Really? Gutterflower is by far their darkest album; "Rebel Beat" couldn't be more distinct from songs like "Truth Is a Whisper", "What Do You Need?", and "It's Over" (within the GGD repertoire) and even the album's poppier songs ("Big Machine," "Think About Me") have depressing or cynical lyrics. Regardless of how good people think it is, this song is a blatant feel-good anthem which would have been extremely out of place among all of the gloomy divorce-inspired music and lyrics of Gutterflower, in my opinion.
09:25 PM on 04/09/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Really? Gutterflower is by far their darkest album; "Rebel Beat" couldn't be more distinct from songs like "Truth Is a Whisper" (within the GGD repertoire) and even the album's poppier songs ("Big Machine," "Think About Me") have depressing or cynical lyrics. Regardless of how good people think it is, this song is a blatant feel-good anthem which would have been extremely out of place among all of the gloomy divorce-inspired music and lyrics of Gutterflower, in my opinion.
It reminds me a ton of "What a Scene" for some reason.
09:49 PM on 04/09/13
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.
Interesting to see Gutterflower love here. I always see that come up as the "disappointing album" from them, where Let Love In was the comeback in quality.

Actually, I'd say Let Love In is easily their best album.
09:58 PM on 04/09/13
cshadows2887
User Info.
Interesting to see Gutterflower love here. I always see that come up as the "disappointing album" from them, where Let Love In was the comeback in quality.

Woof.

Glad somebody loves that album, but it's not even top 5 Goo records for me.
07:08 AM on 04/10/13
Me & My Arrow
User Info.

Woof.

Glad somebody loves that album, but it's not even top 5 Goo records for me.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of LLI and as far as I can tell from interactions with other GGD fans (friends and online) it's pretty consistently regarded as the start of a decline in the quality of their music (watered down imitations of their successful ballads, weak rock songs, much cheesier lyrics, etc.). I think all 5 albums that preceded it are better and possibly even prefer Something for the Rest of Us.

As for Gutterflower, I think some people may have been put off by the darker tone, but it still adheres more closely to their most popular sound (for example: Big Machine, Think About Me, Here Is Gone).
07:41 PM on 04/11/13
Dizzy23
User Info.
As was said, the verses to this are great but the chorus blows.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests