Username
Password
Weatherbox News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 29 of 29.
08:37 PM on 04/10/13
positiv-o
throwing punches at ocean waves
User Info.
I need to listen to these guys because I love Sainthood Reps.

RIYL?
08:42 PM on 04/10/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
I need to listen to these guys because I love Sainthood Reps.

RIYL?
Say Anything, Pavement, The Dismemberment Plan.
08:47 PM on 04/10/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
It's good but why do they make their songs sound so polished and poppy? I wanna hear that raw live sound recorded
I agree that this is the most polished Box song I've heard but it doesn't hurt it. It is just the direction he's gone since American Art. I love this song just like EVERY other one he's ever done. Please BoxbasedGod let LP3 see the light of day soon!!!
09:19 PM on 04/10/13
SmeezyBeezy
DahBuhDeezy
User Info.
There's videos of this song live from like 3 years ago that I always used to watch. Glad to finally hear the studio version.
12:37 AM on 04/11/13
ImTheSheriff
///
User Info.
god i need that new album.
06:25 AM on 04/11/13
grimis16
User Info.
Anyways good. Can't wait for the full length.
08:35 AM on 04/11/13
meekers
has been here longer than you
User Info.
so fucking good.
12:00 PM on 04/11/13
schmohawk
schmucko supremo
User Info.
We might be listening to two different bands cause a majority of the songs are pretty raw. This (to me) is the most polished song yet and I love it!
I guess it might just be me then because I had the same problem with both the afghan guitar ep and the person l split. I really like the songs themselves but the production just kills them for me. They're not as polished as this is but they're still in that same vein. It kind of neuters any energy the songs have and it's just disappointing because these songs would so much better if they weren't recorded that way. Like just compare the recording of "Broken Glowsticks" to them playing it live here in the video posted a couple of weeks ago.

It just doesn't compare to me. They sound way better live and noisier/messier but apparently that's not how Brian wants them to sound now
12:41 PM on 04/11/13
badforcats1189
User Info.
Great to hear this recorded but I have to agree with Lemmi! their live sound is so phenomenal I almost hate the recording. None the less this is still the box, and I am forever a fan. Brian is a huuuuggeee influence on the way I play guitar and write my songs. I love living in San Diego.
01:22 PM on 04/11/13
mka12992
Is this darkness in you too?
User Info.
I personally like the production.
01:33 PM on 04/11/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
I guess it might just be me then because I had the same problem with both the afghan guitar ep and the person l split. I really like the songs themselves but the production just kills them for me. They're not as polished as this is but they're still in that same vein. It kind of neuters any energy the songs have and it's just disappointing because these songs would so much better if they weren't recorded that way. Like just compare the recording of "Broken Glowsticks" to them playing it live here in the video posted a couple of weeks ago.

It just doesn't compare to me. They sound better live and noisier/messier but apparently that's not how Brian wants them to sound now

That is a great live version of Broken Glowsticks. I personally love both polished and raw sounds from Brian so it's a win-win with me. I listened to the recording of BG off Rattle and it still sounded pretty raw IMO. Obviously the live video is more raw and overall better in sound with the feedback and what not. A perfect box album would be a full on 50/50 mix between raw/wild and cleaned up like Big News.
01:43 PM on 04/11/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I personally like the production.

Same
08:16 PM on 04/11/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
Yeah I don't see how people can listen to this song and not enjoy it.
12:16 PM on 04/29/13
PizzaCult
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
My favorite band
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives