Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts
05:40 PM on 04/10/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
They're canadian. It hasnt been an issue there for almost 10 years.
the video has a Q&A/short article linked:

Quote:
Same-sex marriage increasingly has Americans on its side, with overwhelming support among young people. Although the Quins hail from Canada, where same-sex marriage has been legal since 2005, they both live in the States--meaning they have a stake in, and an opinion on, the two potentially landmark cases currently facing the Supreme Court.

Both have long-time girlfriends. Sara is a New York resident, where gay marriage is legal, but Tegan lives in Los Angeles, where for the moment at least, it's not. That could change, depending on how the court decides the case involving the California's Proposition 8.
07:35 PM on 04/10/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
... is what disgusting individuals who force their own beliefs on others did.
Yep.
03:11 AM on 04/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
Drive by posting..? LOL and your post had more substance than mine..? Riiiiiiiiight.

This issue has been in people's faces non-stop And trying to force people into believing what they believe. I don't care what preference someone has but don't bother me about it. And yes, California has spoken. The majority don't want it and it should be left up to the states to decide.

That's kind of the issue. Historically, the majority has imposed it's will on the minority, which 'bothers' us much more than our equal protection under the law would probably 'bother' you.
05:45 PM on 04/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
haha I should have known an argument would pop up in this thread.

i just popped by to say that I had no idea they were gay. is this common knowledge, or just not talked about much? it's interesting that both of them are
I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge.
06:45 PM on 04/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
I've always been confused by all of this gay marriage stuff. Perhaps it is ignorance, but do most states have laws that explicitly say gays cannot be married? I just would think that this would never have been specified, and if it isn't specified, why isn't it legal? You know?

Like for instance, something like punching a pillow wouldn't be explicitly listed in a law as illegal, so it would be legal. I feel like this would be true about gay marriage as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...unions_by_type

Most states have constitutional amendments banning same-sex marriage
07:18 PM on 04/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
These are the things that should have never been passed, so then we would not have these discussions.
We still would have them. A large part of the argument for marriage equality is rooted in equal recognition and benefits, and that wouldn't have been possible under law.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos