AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 36
01:09 PM on 04/11/13
JayDanielHammer
User Info.
I just love bands like this that really try to add little things musically. Certain guitar parts can make or break an entire band for me.
01:28 PM on 04/11/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
I'm getting a Title Fight Floral Green vibe from this album. Anyone else get that?
I didn't notice it at first but I just recently did
01:28 PM on 04/11/13
bunneh.
make moves, son
User Info.
I'm going to have to go through this a few more times, but there were only like 3-4 stand out tracks. I feel like this band is close to making something truly great but the final thing doesn't quite get there.
01:43 PM on 04/11/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Is this band still super generic?
02:53 PM on 04/11/13
jorbjorb
User Info.
I'm getting a Title Fight Floral Green vibe from this album. Anyone else get that?
Totally. You can hear a lot of that in tracks 5 and 7.
03:02 PM on 04/11/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
Is this band still super generic?
Get that outta here.
03:51 PM on 04/11/13
xBranx
Brandon Pagano / Handguns
User Info.
One song in. Really like use of falsetto and different harmony choices.
04:20 PM on 04/11/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
Title Fight can't win. Bands bite each style they try to play.
04:23 PM on 04/11/13
cubsml34
A Class 3 KILLSTORM
User Info.
This grew on me, I thought it was super boring at first but there's some neat stuff they do in there. Didn't blow me away but I can see this growing even more in the future. At the worst it reminded me of the new Transit album though.
05:07 PM on 04/11/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their EP had some moments that remind me of The Movielife. I definitely see some promise.
05:42 PM on 04/11/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Solid album. I'm loving this style coming back and I hope teens catch on to real music again soon with bands like this getting bigger.

Now for Citizen to get a full length done.
05:46 PM on 04/11/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Title Fight can't win. Bands bite each style they try to play.

There are quite a few bands playing this sound right now, and though I am a fan of Title Fight, you can't act like they're the originators of this style. Music existed before 2008.
05:53 PM on 04/11/13
Big_Guy
Idle Will Kill
User Info.
There are quite a few bands playing this sound right now, and though I am a fan of Title Fight, you can't act like they're the originators of this style. Music existed before 2008.
Not originators obviously, but I feel like turnover and the rest of these bands formed as a direct result. Then title fight somewhat changes their sound, records with will yip, etc and this band follows suit
06:05 PM on 04/11/13
ZachMadeMeOdd
<("<) ^( " )^ (>")>
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not originators obviously, but I feel like turnover and the rest of these bands formed as a direct result. Then title fight somewhat changes their sound, records with will yip, etc and this band follows suit

The thing I like about this trend as appose to say dubstep or scene metal which both have plagued the music scene for the past couple of years, is that I could play a track from Title Fight, B&C, Basement, Turnover, Citizen, Daylight or Seahaven and know who I was listening to. Sure, most of them follow a similar song structuring, and sometimes exhausting 3 power chord choruses but they write genuine lyrics and take the time to create lead and rhythm guitar parts that actually work! I just see a commitment really, and for that I guess I'm just willing to turn a blind eye to all these bands all coming up at the same time.
06:41 PM on 04/11/13
cbronder1
Life Is Not A Waiting Room
User Info.
the album is beautiful

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT