AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Streaming News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 36 of 36.
06:49 PM on 04/11/13
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
Two new awesome The National songs in the same week. Fuck yeah!
07:49 PM on 04/11/13
GoWaitInTheCar
The World Won't Listen.
User Info.
Lyrics are on point but the musicanship and delivery aren't up too par, if you ask me. Kinda mumbly, even for the The National.

Seeing as though the songs we heard are tracks #2 and #3, I'd expect these to be the upbeat tracks. So if these are in fact, I don't know how I'll feel about the rest of the album. Don't Swallow The Cap sounds like a Boxer B-Side, I think.
08:29 PM on 04/11/13
Dave Diddy
I just slept for years on end
User Info.
what is this "hodor" thing
It's a Game of Thrones reference. There's a character named Hodor who is a "little slow" and all he does is go around saying "Hodor"
07:05 AM on 04/12/13
coTheCrowingca
User Info.
"And if you want to see me cry, play Let It Be or Nevermind....." Love that line.
03:47 AM on 04/13/13
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Amazing, really couldn't get into Demons but I'm getting a Bloodbuzz Ohio vibe from this. So excited for when this album comes out.
03:49 AM on 04/13/13
fna4
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Lyrics are on point but the musicanship and delivery aren't up too par, if you ask me. Kinda mumbly, even for the The National.

Seeing as though the songs we heard are tracks #2 and #3, I'd expect these to be the upbeat tracks. So if these are in fact, I don't know how I'll feel about the rest of the album. Don't Swallow The Cap sounds like a Boxer B-Side, I think.
I don't know, the vocals are definitely a strong suit of this song imo. Although I do feel like they're featuring Matt's voice more slightly at the expense of more interesting instrumentation. (at least in this track)
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS