AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Sum41 News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Sum 41 Drop Off Of "Dead Silence" Tour

Posted by - 02:17 PM on 04/11/13
Sum 41 have been forced to drop off the remaining dates of the Dead Silence tour with Billy Talent. Monster Truck will be taking over and playing the remaining shows.
We are saddened to pass on the news that Deryck Whibley is struggling once again with his recurring back problems and so SUM 41 has made the tough decision of having to leave the Canadian Tour for the remaining shows. Those shows include Quebec City, Ottawa, Montreal, Moncton and Halifax.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 62
02:20 PM on 04/11/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Huge bummer for anyone in the remaining cities. And I'm so glad this didn't happen before the tour came through Winnipeg.
02:22 PM on 04/11/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Wow
02:24 PM on 04/11/13
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
User Info.
Which band would you rather buy non-refundable tickets for, Sum 41 or the Dangerous Summer?

Can I still make jokes like that?
dunkinsdonut
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Poor dude just cannot catch a break. Can't imagine what his back must feel like.
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.

Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, haha. But either way, I really think Sum 41's full time touring days are long gone. Which is a shame because they really were good when I saw them 2 weeks ago. I was hoping he had his back problems under control for good this time.
02:28 PM on 04/11/13
kcpunk
Aaron - my username is dumb
User Info.
Glad I got to see em back in January.
02:29 PM on 04/11/13
Alligator Blood
/////////////////
User Info.
Wouldn't be surprised to see them retire from touring.
02:30 PM on 04/11/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
Can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, haha. But either way, I really think Sum 41's full time touring days are long gone. Which is a shame because they really were good when I saw them 2 weeks ago. I was hoping he had his back problems under control for good this time.
I love sum 41 and saw them years ago and they were amazing but when I saw them last week they were so washed up I felt like. Derek just wants to be Billie Joe and it wasn't working for him at all. Either way Billy Talent killed it.
02:30 PM on 04/11/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
Man, you've gotta be shitting me. I also have back problems but Deryck reallly has to get his under control. Didn't he take therapy after his herniated disc? But he still does this hunching pose when he plays live and still wears his guitar as low as a 16 year old in a garage band. It's a real bummer how much his back problems stop Sum 41 from touring, it's like the third time they have to cancel tour dates because that, right?
02:32 PM on 04/11/13
brentstailing
User Info.
I was going to get tickets for the Halifax show, but saw that they are only playing 8 or 9 songs per night. Very happy I didn't buy any now...

Sucks for Deryck. I've had two back surgeries, and this kind of pain is terrible.
02:35 PM on 04/11/13
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Poor dude just cannot catch a break. Can't imagine what his back must feel like.

I'm going to go 95% not because of his back problems. I know when they dropped off Warped they used that as the excuse, but he just didnt feel like doing the tour.i
02:38 PM on 04/11/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
I love sum 41 and saw them years ago and they were amazing but when I saw them last week they were so washed up I felt like. Derek just wants to be Billie Joe and it wasn't working for him at all. Either way Billy Talent killed it.

I agree with the Billie Joe comparison, but I didn't think they were washed up. When I saw them two weeks ago Sum 41 was super energetic and they sounded great.
02:38 PM on 04/11/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.

I just don't think he should book tours anymore out of respect for...well...everyone.
02:40 PM on 04/11/13
InvaderPhantom
User Info.
I'm going to go 95% not because of his back problems. I know when they dropped off Warped they used that as the excuse, but he just didnt feel like doing the tour.i
Where the hell do you get that assumption from? Deryck said he loved touring, and I'm sure the whole band was happy to play their music in big stadiums again, even as an opening act.

Also, a band like this can't just stop touring because they don't feel like it, it's basically the only way for them to get money since their album sales are pretty meh.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos