AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Reverend and the Makers - @Reverend_Makers Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 6
Musicianship 4
Lyrics 4
Production 5
Creativity 3.25
Lasting Value 4
Reviewer Tilt 5.25
Final Verdict: 45%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Reverend and the Makers - @Reverend_Makers

Reviewed by: Geology Rocks! (04/11/13)
Reverend and the Makers - @Reverend_Makers
Release Date: June 18, 2012
Record Label: Cooking Vinyl

I don't hate it, but it isn't anything overly special, so I'm going to tell you how it is, and try and be as impartial as possible without my obvious "meh" attitude towards it leaking through. Too late, but I digress.

Starts off with the hit single "Baseline" I've heard this song before I even knew who the band was, so itís obviously a successful single, but Iím not sure the rest album will be successful in the same sense. As the song suggests, it has a strong bass and it is the backbone of the song and itís what the song is about. The lyrics are repetitive; the song is catchy though, so thatís another thing going for it, but not much else. Although, I must add, if youíre going to any parties and you need a good pick me up, like laughing at people dancing like idiots, then this album should jump into the play queue.

The tracks following are all much the same; repetitive, catchy, nothing overly special.

The only real highlight from this album is the closer "What Goes Around" it's a little electronic progressive indie rock track that is fairly engaging, and would wind down a party perfectly.

The album name @Reverend_Makers was supposed to make the band sound current, and in the scene, but the music sounds like it was developed for a nineties night club. I expect highlights of this album to be in the background of ads for sport, such as soccer (oh, sorry, I mean football.)

Even though this album is quite an average effort, Iíd still like to hear what the Reverend has next. Iíd like to see them redeem themselves and come back with an album worthy of breakout, like what happened with Fun. It sounds like they have the right equipment to do something really special, but with this album they didnít quite cut it.

Recommended If You Like The Enemy, The View, Kasabian, The Rifles

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News