AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
08:11 AM on 04/14/13
petter182
User Info.
This site really needs to refocus on the type of music it started out covering.
And what type of music is that? Punk? I'm getting so tired of the attitude some people have towards/against music on this site. And i'm getting even more tired of seeing music and music opinions trapped in these genres, boundaries, "scenes". Music is music! Some of it you like, some of it you love - some of it you hate. You can't control which types of music makes you feel something, you cant't decide what music to like. That's just stupid thinking. If something clicks - no matter what genre of music - great! Enjoy it! Savor it. Feel it in your heart. Don't let the notion of "wrong genre" stop you from enjoying something.

I love the fact that ap.net covers all kinds of music. I listen to everything from Yellowcard to Killswitch to John Mayer to Japandroids to Brand New to Frank Turner, and I'm pretty shure ap.net has turned me on to 95% of the artists I listen to. I absolutely love The 1975 these days, they're my new favourite band, and they're definitely not punk. So I'm glad AP.net writes about all kinds of music.

I listened to Legendary while walking the dog today, and to me it sounds like glossy pop, with great melodies. And hey, if it makes me want to dance a little (i don't dance) and sing along, why not enjoy it for what it is? "Oh no, it's not poppunk anymore, I can't listen to this!" Who cares? No one's going to get shot for listening to the "wrong" music. (At least not in the free world)
02:55 PM on 05/09/13
petter182
User Info.
I'm getting tired of comments like yours. This site is not meant to cover people like Kanye West and lady gaga who are already overexposed. I wish I used this site in the early 2000s.

Where we not talking about The Summer Set? I'm pretty shure they came out of the same "scene" we always discuss here.
I can see where you're coming from with the Kanye thing, but this site isn't trying to focus purely on PUNK anymore. I used this site in the early 2000s, and I seem to remember getting all kinds of music news back then as well.

If there's one thing Tate would change about this site, it's probably the name.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums