Username
Password

06:00 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I don't watch as much TV as I'd like to, mainly because I don't have enough time. There's lots of shows that I've been meaning to watch or would like to check out, but I already have too much on my plate.

I've dropped a few shows (after much internal debate) in order to pick up new shows and it always kills me.
09:02 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Louie is far from a waste of half an hour.
09:25 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I wish tv was more spread out, from June to August there are like 2 shows on and there are like 50 from September to May

This.

But all you need to do is DVR stuff and watch it throughout the year.
12:16 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
The other problem is that shows go on WAY too long. Shows like the Office or Sunny have 9+ seasons and are rarely good for that long, but people (myself included) feel the need to continue watching them season after season.

If shows would only air for 4-5 season MAX, then it would be a lot easier to pick up new shows
07:11 AM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I want to live with you guys. My roommates are boring.

Haha. Yea. I feel like there's lots of people on this site that would be lots of fun to hang out with and just watch TV, listen to podcasts, etc...

The friends I have in real life have less in common with me than most of the people I talk to on this site.

I live with my girlfriend though, and luckily she doesn't really have any shows that she wants to watch, but she doesn't always want to watch the 1000 shows that I want to, so I have to find time when she's at work or something to fit in some shows... but she likes enough of the stuff I do so it works out
07:14 AM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Recent seasons of Sunny have been as good as ever

Oh, don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed watching Sunny for all 8 seasons and will happily watch it until it goes off the air... but I think a lot of shows should just move on after a few seasons.

Of course, I don't want to see my favorite shows disappear after 3 seasons, but some shows just go on way too long weather or not they can keep up the quality
06:03 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
other then the comedy central news hour and sports, i tend to only latch onto a couple of shows a year, but some years it's stuff that doesn't need to be watched as a series like through the wormhole, and some years i watch nothing at all.

i'll go on a weekend long netflix benders and watch whole seasons/series of stuff every once in awhile though.

to answer the question posed by the name of the thread, i'd say that watching more then 3-4 hours a day is probably too much.

Shit, 3-4 hours is too much - If you are spending a quarter of your waking life watching TV, you should re-evaluate. I love TV, but more than an hour or two a day is pushing it
06:34 AM on 04/17/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
i was thinking more in terms of averages. people watching a couple hours during the week, and watching for 5-6 hours on some weekends probably aren't doing themselves that much harm. i usually don't watch that much tv myself, but i'm not gonna judge others if they do.

eh to each his own... like I said, I love TV, and probably watch more than I should, but if I'm spending 28 hours a week doing something, I feel like I should've accomplished something more than say, watch season 6 of Real Housewives

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos