Username
Password

09:02 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
Louie is far from a waste of half an hour.
09:22 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Alex Pates
Hi...
Cheltenham
Male - 19 Years Old
The only time I'd consider there being too much good TV is on a Monday night for me. It's like 3 straight hours of my favourite shows so I never get any work done
09:23 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Smash Adams
Ain't no thing like me, except me
Long Island
Male - 26 Years Old
I wish tv was more spread out, from June to August there are like 2 shows on and there are like 50 from September to May
09:25 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
I wish tv was more spread out, from June to August there are like 2 shows on and there are like 50 from September to May

This.

But all you need to do is DVR stuff and watch it throughout the year.
10:32 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
plyb
true progress
Male - 25 Years Old
I'm with you on Mad Men and Breaking Bad... I like Louie, but I wouldn't label it a monumental achievement. There's no doubt there are a lot of good shows out there, but I can name 5 times as many shows lingering around/getting praise that are terrible.

If sports didn't exist, I don't think I'd have any problem keeping up with shows I consider good that keep my interest.
I'm curious as to what the list of shows you are referencing here is.
10:51 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
I want an app that sorts all my downloaded shows on my computer into a tv watching schedule that I can follow as if theres a new episode each week so I can watch everything I have.

Plug the show/length/episode numbers in and it gives you a schedule
11:00 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
I'm curious as to what the list of shows you are referencing here is.

2 broke girls, american horror story, 2 1/2 men, glee, big bang theory... some shows that immediately come to mind that i can't stand
11:16 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Star Slight
2 broke girls, american horror story, 2 1/2 men, glee, big bang theory... some shows that immediately come to mind that i can't stand

But that doesnt diminish the amazing quality of shows in television. The "bad" television doesnt mean that theres not a lot of great tv, the OPs point
11:31 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
Pembroke Pines, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
I don't have any free time, so I'm forced to prioritize my televison. I love Mad Men, but not more than Community or The Walking Dead, so I'll probably have to wait until summer vacation to catch up. I love Girls but I haven't seen a single episode of Season 2. I'll catch up eventually.
11:46 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
But that doesnt diminish the amazing quality of shows in television. The "bad" television doesnt mean that theres not a lot of great tv, the OPs point

I never said it did, I was answering someone else's question.

Listen, the article the OP posted has a picture of the show "Elementary" in it as an example of a show the writer would like to revisit, but can't because he doesn't have time. If you're all talking about shows on the same level as Elementary, then yeah, it's impossible to keep up with everything "good" on TV. Just because more networks are making original programming doesn't mean there is more great original programming. There aren't a ton of Mad Men's or Breaking Bad's or Homeland's.

If anything, the increase in the production of original programming is forcing everyone to step up their game. For example, I think Workaholics is great. So much so that I kind of knock The League or It's Always Sunny down a few pegs. Eventually, I'll probably stop watching those shows all together because there's better TV out there.
11:54 AM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
Pa
Male - 28 Years Old
If you watch a lot of shit tv shows, so much that you become accustomed to them, you will dilute the average quality of what you deem to be acceptable/good tv.... and you will eventually think most shows are worth watching (even though they are not). i.e. Sepinwall's problem.

I should've just quoted this. Bingo. Well said.
12:03 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
ramomcferno
It Only Gets Better
The Grove, NJ
Male - 30 Years Old
Great article and great idea to do a post on. Like everyone else in here. I watch a ton of TV and I want to complete everything but I just don't have the time and I have been shedding more shows than ever this year. I stopped watching Once Upon A Time, Elementary, and Modern Family and I am behind on a few shows like Revenge. There is definitely a lot of stuff to keep up with.
12:13 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 26 Years Old
Well, the problem, if you want to call it a problem, is also in the fact that with Netflix and Hulu, TV shows that aren't currently running are still relevant. With that in mind, the pool of "good" television jumps dramatically.
12:16 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 30 Years Old
The other problem is that shows go on WAY too long. Shows like the Office or Sunny have 9+ seasons and are rarely good for that long, but people (myself included) feel the need to continue watching them season after season.

If shows would only air for 4-5 season MAX, then it would be a lot easier to pick up new shows
12:17 PM on 04/12/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 22 Years Old
No such thing as too much. IMO, there isn't any "good" shows on network TV, like FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC. My favorite shows are either on FX, AMC, Shotime, or HBO, with the exception for some oddballs out there.

Most of the time shows don't overlap, especially if they're really big contenders, so it's not like I'm torn on what to watch on Sunday nights or something. Besides, with the DVR, it's not hard to keep up with everything.
You honestly believe there's not a single good show on broadcast television?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos