Username
Password
Funny News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Funny
Inside AP.net

Comedy Round-Up (4/13/13)

Posted by: Cody Nelson (04/13/13)
Head to the replies to discuss this week in comedy.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 27
05:09 AM on 04/13/13
Cody Nelson
TV's just small movies.
User Info.
Comedy Round-UpContributors: Cody Nelson, deadkidsean, deanster321, ImTheSheriff, itsmesean0630, PepsiOne, phaynes1 and Star Slight

Stand-Up News

1. Howard Kremer taped his newest special at Nerdmelt Showroom last Thursday!

2. I guess there isn't much else I can call this news except tight butthole, right? That's still funny, right?

3. Matt Braunger has launched his new guestless, storytelling, 15-minute podcast Ding-Donger with Matt Braunger on the Nerdist network.

4. Comedy legend Jonathan Winters sadly passed away this week at the age of 87.

5. Nate Bargatze unsurprisingly killed it on Conan last week.

TV/Film News

1. For better or worse (probably the latter), David Zucker wants to reboot The Naked Gun franchise.

2. I'm never going to get the chance to call his show Last Chance For Carson Daly if he keeps getting renewed. Now what about Baldwin?

3. IFC has a whopping 11 pilot and script orders slated for this upcoming season, and let's just say, they know how to cater to us.

4. The Office's BJ Novak has signed a two-book deal with Knopf. The first book, a novel, is slated to released sometime in 2014.

5. Because some things just don't make sense, Ken Marino & Erica Oyama are adapting the children's book Go The Fuck To Sleep.

6. Lorne Michaels will be hosting a Wayne's World reunion panel featuring both co-stars on April 23rd.

7. It looks like a Simpsons writer's reunion will be the focus of the next episode of Conan O'Brien's Serious Jibber-Jabber web series.

8. Another week, another batch of new Arrested Development content.

9. Expect at least three more Greatest Events of Television History from Adam Scott, the next coming this June and featuring Amy Poehler.

10. Dispelling most of our fears, ?uestlove has confirmed that the Roots aren't going anywhere when Jimmy Fallon takes over the Tonight Show.

11. Another trailer for IFC's Maron has surfaced. Get it? It's funny because he's dysfunctional.

12. The first promo for Bo Burnham's upcoming show Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous has been released in MTV's latest attempt to prove they're not completely incompetent, and guess what? It looks really good.

13. Check out two sketches from Comedy Central's upcoming original show Inside Amy Schumer.

14. MacGruber 2? MacGruber 2.

15. A few changes have been made on the set of Kevin Hart's BET show Real Husbands of Hollywood.

16. Watch another trailer of Christopher Guest's upcoming HBO comedy Family Tree.

Interviews

1. Louis CK (Splitsider via Reddit AMA)

2. David Cross (Splitsider)

3. Trevor Moore of Whitest Kids 'U Know (Laughspin)

4. Reggie Watts (Splitsider via Reddit AMA)

Next Week's Late-Night Guests
Carson Daly: Nathan Fielder (T)
Chelsea Lately: Kerri Kenney-Silver (T), Kurt Braunohler (W), Julia Louis-Dreyfus, TJ Miller, Natasha Leggero (Th)
Conan: Jeff Goldblum (M), Russell Brand (T)
Colbert/Stewart: Ricky Gervais (Stewart, W)
Fallon: Chris Hardwick (T), Steve Carell (W), Tracy Morgan (Th)
Ferguson: Nathan Fielder (T)
Kimmel: Bob Saget (M), Ken Jeong (Th)
Leno: Jerry Seinfeld (M), Nick Offerman (Th)
Letterman: Steve Carell (M), Jim Carrey (T)

Feature Articles

1. An interesting reddit thread emerged this week regarding the comedians and depression. We found this comment which really stuck out.

2. The Lost Roles of Stephen Colbert

3. Looking for Comedy in Nashville

4. Excerpts From a Kiss Cam Standard Operating Procedures Manual

Videos

1. Stand-Up Bit of the Week: Dan Telfer - "The Best Dinosaur"

2. Web Video of the Week: "This Is My Milwaukee"

3. Speakeasy with Paul F. Tompkins - Rob Delaney

4. Burning Love - Season 3 Eps. 1-3

5. The Daily Show - "The NCAA's Perfectly Fair Rules"

6. The Future - John Mulaney

7. ThingX - "What's Inside a Basketball?"

Podcasts

Nerdist #342 - Stand-Up Cluster 2013
Thrilling Adventure Hour #112 - Sparks Nevada, Marshal On Mars, "Support Your Local Marshal"
Cashing In with T.J. Miller #56 - Hieroglyphic Salad
Who Charted? #123 - Matt Walsh
Call Chelsea Peretti #24 - Ray J, Grama, A Sandwich Proclamation
Your Mom's House #109 - OMG Maria
My Brother, My Brother and Me #147 - The Legend of Corn Cob Boy

Tweets

Quote:
@ChelseaVPeretti - Last nite I shazamed a Rihanna song thinking it was Fiona Apple
@electrolemon - Do you guys think Iggy Pop even owns a shirt? Is his closet just a bunch of pants and a shirt-shaped note that says “don’t worry about it.”?
@fred_delicious - Bruce Willis is being chased by a pug. he jumps in a taxi and escapes. he breathes a sigh of relief. the driver turns around. it's the pug
@disalmanac - Today in 1865, Robert E. Lee surrendered to Ulysses S. Grant, the sweat glistening on his heaving chest as Grant's manhood pressed forward.
@aparnapkin - My fav part of networking is when you rip up that business card & shower it like confetti over your new contact chanting "I choose life!"
@curlycomedy - What are you supposed to do with pistachios after you've licked all the salt off them?
@interstate__8 - heres how sex works ya got yr soft bits and you got yr firm bits n ya smash em
@egg_dog - petition to rename sausages 'pigarettes'
@ieatanddrink - The best self defense move is just to "honk" the other guy's cock until you are both laughing so hard you can't move
@markleggett - My teenage son is complaining that he can't eat soup with a fork. If you're a sniper looking at me through a scope right now: TAKE THE SHOT.
@glittery_tits - my birth control alarm is at 2 AM bc im really trying to prove im not like every other girl in this highschol. anywayy.do u have a tumblr
@shelbyfero - "And maybe it also looks like semen when it dries?" - inventor of toothpaste

----------
Sources: twitter.com, maximumfun.org, feralaudio.com, nerdist.com, earwolf.com, interbridge.org, youtube.com, splitsider.com, laughspin.com, nytimes.com, teamcoco.com, nerdmeltla.com, reddit.com, hiphollywood.com, insidemovies.ew.com, pastemagazine.com, thehollywoodreporter.com, cinemablend.com
----------
As always, if you have any news to submit or just want to know more about the world of comedy, PM me or go to the Official Stand-Up Comedy Thread. We're knowledgable, friendly, and the best.
05:17 AM on 04/13/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
I couldn't find anything Peter Serafinowicz related this week
08:28 AM on 04/13/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
RIP Jonathan Winters
08:36 AM on 04/13/13
cowlord
( \_(ツ)_/)
User Info.
Don't know how to feel about Adam Devines show honestly...hmmm
08:51 AM on 04/13/13
Smash Adams
Ain't no thing like me, except me
User Info.
Louis CK's special is tonight at 10 on HBO don't be a Jizzanthapuss watch it
10:07 AM on 04/13/13
itsmesean0630
_________________________ __________
User Info.
Another week, another great round-up.

Looking forward to Louie's new special tonight.

Also, I hope we don't get oversaturated by Adam Devine in a way that makes everyone hate him.
10:51 AM on 04/13/13
JamieTheSonger
05 Fuck Em
User Info.
IFC doing God's work.
10:57 AM on 04/13/13
TonyValentine
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Dan Telfer! It seems like he's doing good in LA! So happy for him!
11:35 AM on 04/13/13
Star Slight
User Info.
As lame as a Naked Gun reboot would be, who do you think would be perfect for Frank Drebin?
11:47 AM on 04/13/13
xerickx24
Shots Fired
User Info.
The Bo Burnham show has a ton of potential. Also IFC pilots look so promising and i love garfunkel and oats. A female flight of the conchords perhaps?
12:35 PM on 04/13/13
Charles777
Feeling groovy
User Info.
That Simpsons writer Jibber Jabber should be interesting.
As lame as a Naked Gun reboot would be, who do you think would be perfect for Frank Drebin?
Jon Hamm maybe? Literally the only person I could think of.
01:07 PM on 04/13/13
harveyn590
User Info.
i think the world is ready to for magruber 2. i know i am
01:58 PM on 04/13/13
tonyC4L
tech-savvy at-risk youth
User Info.
That reddit comment about why comedians are "depressed" was a really good read. It all makes sense why they would feel so stressed when you compare their responsibilities and environments to those of other performers and see how much harder they have to work to be successful. Makes me feel good about going out regularly to see live comedy and be a good audience member; it's definitely an art worth supporting.

Maron still looks as uninteresting as it ever did.

All those IFC orders make me really happy. So much potential for great stuff in there.
02:44 PM on 04/13/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
I was the one who wrote that bit up so I've already said I don't like the idea of it overall, but to be honest there is a part of me that would love to see Hamm do it
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests