Username
Password

07:39 PM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
wecameaswaffles
Alternately Thrilled & Desperate
University of Mass..
Female - 17 Years Old
What are some of the things that make you happy while looking back at your childhood?

For me, it was simply having friends over my house. I didn't have kids over often when I was in elementary school, so when I did it was extra special. I remember we used to listen to Radio Disney and other Music Choice channels in the living room and we would send text messages to that little box in the corner of the screen. We used to get so excited if our texts would pop up, bahaha. I had a vivid childhood, all the little things made me happy.
07:55 PM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
iamthealex
Meet me in Montauk.
Wiscompton
Male - 22 Years Old
Bruce Springsteen.
10:01 PM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
dannylololol
Stay Hungry. Stay Free.
St. Paul, MN
Male - 20 Years Old
Anal
10:16 PM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
wait now here
NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Childhood
Playing outside - Biking, Swimming, Sledding, Tag, Manhunt (I literally never see kids outside anymore, my old neighborhood is like a ghost town)
Awesome Nickelodeon cartoons and shows (Hey Arnold, Rocko, Rugrats, Doug, Are You Afraid of the Dark?)
4 Player splitscreen N64 Games with my friends (Mario Kart, WCW/NWO Revenge, Snowboard Kids, Mario Party)
Toys (Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Legos, Creepy Crawlers)
Eurodance on the radio (BE MY LOVER! WANNA BE MY LOVER!)
Summer meant something, Halloween was awesome, Christmas is what the entire kid year revolved around...
Dreams, happiness, blissful ignorance, goals, hopes, aspirations...

Now
Married (fucking miserable...)
Cubicle job (hell...)
Aging poorly appearance-wise (I look like dogshit)
Suicidal Ideation

"God grants you one wish, to turn back the time"
10:35 PM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
Childhood
Playing outside - Biking, Swimming, Sledding, Tag, Manhunt (I literally never see kids outside anymore, my old neighborhood is like a ghost town)
Awesome Nickelodeon cartoons and shows (Hey Arnold, Rocko, Rugrats, Doug, Are You Afraid of the Dark?)
4 Player splitscreen N64 Games with my friends (Mario Kart, WCW/NWO Revenge, Snowboard Kids, Mario Party)
Toys (Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, Legos, Creepy Crawlers)
Eurodance on the radio (BE MY LOVER! WANNA BE MY LOVER!)
Summer meant something, Halloween was awesome, Christmas is what the entire kid year revolved around...
Dreams, happiness, blissful ignorance, goals, hopes, aspirations...

Now
Married (fucking miserable...)
Cubicle job (hell...)
Aging poorly appearance-wise (I look like dogshit)
Suicidal Ideation

"God grants you one wish, to turn back the time"

Hope things turn for the better for you soon.

For me, I most fondly look back to the days of being able to just get lost into video games - in particular Playstation RPGs. I remember the feeling of wonder and enchantment I had wandering through the interesting locales of games like Star Ocean 2, Valkyrie Profile, Wild Arms 2 and many many more. I still play video games a good amount but it;s just not the same - I'm usually rushed to get as much done as possible within a small time block. I miss being able to just get lost in them and not worry about other things.
10:56 PM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
marieeboxx
Cat Lady
West Coast
Female - 23 Years Old
Nothing :/
11:13 PM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
wait now here
NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Hope things turn for the better for you soon.

For me, I most fondly look back to the days of being able to just get lost into video games - in particular Playstation RPGs. I remember the feeling of wonder and enchantment I had wandering through the interesting locales of games like Star Ocean 2, Valkyrie Profile, Wild Arms 2 and many many more. I still play video games a good amount but it;s just not the same - I'm usually rushed to get as much done as possible within a small time block. I miss being able to just get lost in them and not worry about other things.

I didn't have a Playstation as a young kid but I did play a lot of those classic PS1 games during my teenage years, stuff like Final Fantasy 9, Legend of Dragoon, Tomba, etc... I actually never played Star Ocean 1 and 2 until the PSP remakes a few years back and never tried VP, but it and its sequel on PS2 always looked interesting. I actually still want to play a few titles I missed when I was younger like Vagrant Story and Xenogears but don't know if I could find the time to devote to them. I definitely empathize with not having the time to really get lost in games anymore, I almost feel guilty when i invest a lot of time into them these days. What I am really nostalgic about games though is the local multiplayer, I thought online multiplayer was the coolest thing when I got X-Box Live like 10 years back but I man do I miss playing stuff like Mario Party and Mario Kart with a group of friends all in the same room.
11:40 PM on 04/13/13 
User Info.
Djentleman
Male - 25 Years Old
grew up in the 90s

best music, movies, decent tv, amazing trends\fads
wish i could relive it all :(
01:47 AM on 04/14/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
I fondly remember playing TRL with my sister and our friend. We would play songs on the cd player and one of us would be Carson Daly, and one would jump in and be like, "I dedicate this song to my best friend, Jessica. Wooo!" So dumb but we were entertained.

Playing the original Sims games. I would beg for the expansion packs, and felt so ~bad when I got the Hot Date one. When nobody was around I would always buy that heart bed lmao. We would all try and play when friends were over, but it just ended in fights usually.

I remember listening to Radio Disney too, back when they would play like Alvin and the Chipmunks. Me and my sister were so obnoxious, yelling "Radio Disney, we're all ears!" in the car.

Watching horror movies with my dad. They terrified me as a kid. Literally all of them. I was fascinated with Freddy Kruger because he terrified me, and I love Evil Dead because it reminds me of the Evil Dead poster my dad used to have hanging above his bed, and I remember being so scared of the book of flesh dvd case haha.

Buying CDs with my dad. The nearest decent cd store was at the mall an hour away, and whoever opened theirs out of the plastic wrapping and got that stupid sticker off the top first, got to play their cd on the way home. I never won.

Me and my sister and our friend were on the dance team, and we thought we were super cool. We'd make choreo to different songs, or "direct" our own music videos to BSB and Britney songs. I think there's a home video of us doing a choreo routine to Bon Jovi haha

I could go on forever...
01:56 AM on 04/14/13 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
playing outside all day (my shoes used to last 3 months tops, now they last years), renting games on fridays from blockbuster, making prank calls, and doing all sorts of stuff i still enjoy doing for the first time.
02:07 AM on 04/14/13 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 26 Years Old
Being ignorantly happy 100% of the time
02:09 AM on 04/14/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
Oh yeah, I used to love going to Hollywood Video and they had that deal where you could rent like two movies, and get a candy, popcorn and a soda combo. I loved when my parents let me pick out the candy. Green sour punch straws 4ever. We always rented Spice World!

I also used to live for the vmas. There are some performances that struck me and I remember what I was doing and my reactions like it was yesterday. The performances were like legit events. Now I die inside when I see people applauding all the awful and boring performances.
04:20 AM on 04/14/13 
User Info.
drat!
How much cheese is too much cheese?
PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Oh yeah, I used to love going to Hollywood Video and they had that deal where you could rent like two movies, and get a candy, popcorn and a soda combo. I loved when my parents let me pick out the candy. Green sour punch straws 4ever. We always rented Spice World!

I also used to live for the vmas. There are some performances that struck me and I remember what I was doing and my reactions like it was yesterday. The performances were like legit events. Now I die inside when I see people applauding all the awful and boring performances.

I remember that deal!

Also, laser tag, airsoft, and legos.
10:06 AM on 04/14/13 
User Info.
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
Manhattan, KS
Male - 22 Years Old
I remember that deal!

Also, laser tag, airsoft, and legos.

I have an airsoft pistol here in my uni room. You're never too old to fuck around with friends with bb guns!
10:31 AM on 04/14/13 
User Info.
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
The Mountains, UK
Male - 26 Years Old

you went to catholic church as a kid too?

i know, i know, i'm awful....

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version