St. Albert, AB
Male - 23 Years Old
ethanjsaw780
06:55 PM on 08/25/13 
User Info.
itsmesean0630
_________________________ __________
Male - 26 Years Old
If you're still playing this, I just started and I'm digging it a lot. Add me: theonlyones88
07:06 PM on 08/25/13 
User Info.
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
Minneapolis, MN
Male - 23 Years Old
What exactly is this? Just a world development game?
09:50 PM on 08/25/13 
User Info.
domotime2
Lee Corvallo's Putting Challenge
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
What exactly is this? Just a world development game?

I've never played sims, but from what I know of sims............ it's sims. World development, have the characters do timed tasks to earn money/points in order to build more buildings/add more characters. Design and edit your world as you please.

but all simpsons of course, so you get them to say things when you tap on them (with about 3-5 different catch phrases for each character).

my only qualm is that not every character says something. they don't have Mrs. Krabappel, Edna Skinner, Martin, and of course the 'celebrity characters' say anything when you tap on them. The most egregious one being Milhouse though. It's a slight complaint, but I just don't understand why a simpsons game couldn't get the rights to some of these voices.
07:23 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
Cleveland, OH
Male - 24 Years Old
As much as I want to quit this game, I just can't. Such a massive time sink, but I've been playing it for over a year. Haven't spent a single dollar.
08:27 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
Philadelphia / Long...
Male - 22 Years Old
So this game is basically Farmville or The Sims for The Simpsons?
I'm not judging, but can someone explain the appeal of games this time-consuming and minimally action-y?
09:02 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
Greg
it's something to do throughout the day. I've been playing since April and also have not spent any money on it.

I see some of my friends' towns and it's obvious they dropped some money. I don't get it.
09:05 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
subplotofcrows
Cleveland, OH
Male - 24 Years Old
So this game is basically Farmville or The Sims for The Simpsons?
I'm not judging, but can someone explain the appeal of games this time-consuming and minimally action-y?

For me, it's a combination of things.

First, I really like the Simpsons. So, the theming is great.
Second, even though it's a timesink, you can play it in bursts - once at lunch, once in the evening, or even just once during the day. If I want to, I just set everyone's job to 24 hours and then check it the next day.
Third, I like being able to build my own Springfield. Its cool to just play around with, and they also add updates every month or so. They just added the Krustyland Theme Park as a big update. The last big one was a boardwalk feature.

Tapped Out has just enough to keep me engaged.
10:23 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
Philadelphia / Long...
Male - 22 Years Old
For me, it's a combination of things.

First, I really like the Simpsons. So, the theming is great.
Second, even though it's a timesink, you can play it in bursts - once at lunch, once in the evening, or even just once during the day. If I want to, I just set everyone's job to 24 hours and then check it the next day.
Third, I like being able to build my own Springfield. Its cool to just play around with, and they also add updates every month or so. They just added the Krustyland Theme Park as a big update. The last big one was a boardwalk feature.

Tapped Out has just enough to keep me engaged.
hmm I think I get you. Are there any activities or mini-games included, or is the object of the game solely to build up your town?
10:26 AM on 08/26/13 
User Info.
subplotofcrows
Cleveland, OH
Male - 24 Years Old
hmm I think I get you. Are there any activities or mini-games included, or is the object of the game solely to build up your town?

Honestly, it's basically just build up your town. There's a few gambling games that can reward you, but they're basically random (like scratching off a digital lottery ticket.) When they add updates, they add new storylines/characters. Certain updates add temporary gameplay; there was one a couple months ago that added a Whacking Day theme, where you could squash snakes that would roam your town. The Halloween theme from last year added zombies that you could squish.
05:01 PM on 10/03/13 
User Info.
Greg
If anyone else still plays, add me! Username: gpoust

I want as much goo as possible haha! I play daily and will haunt your stuff everyday. Please do the same for me? I'd like to get all the prizes, but I need not people interacting with me.

Thanks!
06:55 PM on 10/03/13 
User Info.
iamalexenglish
Loading ███] 99%
Pennsylvania
Male - 17 Years Old
iamalexenglish
07:05 PM on 10/03/13 
User Info.
Greg

Nothing came up when I searched that name.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos